Cookbook review: 'Young Chefs: Cooking Skills and Recipes for Kids' is a palatial necessity for every budding cook
Editor's note: Helping children eat healthy meals can be a challenge on the best of days. From creative meal ideas to helping children learn to cook to a nutritional guidebook, here is a review of one of the cookbooks that have crossed our desks recently.
This full-color cookbook makes cooking fun and safe for children. It is perfect for both the cooking novice and those who feel at home in the kitchen. "Young Chefs" gives detailed, precise instructions that can help children ease their way into the kitchen and emerge as confident chefs.
Every recipe has a photo of the completed dishes and instructions on whether adult help is needed and specifically what tasks. Children can learn the basics of cooking from how to crack an egg to how to drain a can of tuna. Almost every recipe has interesting trivia or a tip associated with it, some not even adults will know.
For those who have been nervous about how to introduce their kids to cooking, this book is a great addition to their kitchen. Full of clean, fun language, "Young Chefs" is a book anyone could feel comfortable giving to their child.
Christina Dymock is a graduate of the University of Utah and a resident of Utah. The mother of four children, she came up with the idea for this book when she realized her own children needed to understand the basics of cooking.
Elizabeth Reid has bachelor's degrees in economics and history. She has worked in retail, medical billing, catering, education and business fields. Her favorite occupation is that of wife and mother. She blogs at www.gelatoandchocolate.blogspot.com
- Photos: Hollywood comes to Utah with the...
- Book review: Young widow's memoir presents a...
- Emma Watson to star in live-action 'Beauty...
- Miss Colombia crowned Miss Universe in Miami
- Sundance doc pulls back curtain on Scientology
- Rules and advice from 'Downton Abbey: Rules...
- Courtney Love, Frances Bean appear together...
- Redford, Nolte, Offerman highlight Sundance...
- Miss Colombia crowned Miss Universe in... 4
- Photos: Hollywood comes to Utah with... 3
- Book review: Young widow's memoir... 2
- 'Building audiences': Sundance Film... 1
- Star-Lord vs. Captain America:... 1
- Doug's Take: 'American Sniper' captures... 1
- Oscar snubs? Hey, Academy Awards are... 1
- Robert Redford: Sundance Film Festival... 1