Mike Terry, Deseret News
Former Jazzman and Utah Valley University standout Ronnie Price has agreed to a deal with the Orlando Magic, reports Chris Haynes of Comcast SportsNet NW.
Price went undrafted out of UVU in 2005 and played with the Jazz from 2005-2011. He also played for the Sacramento Kings and Phoenix Suns, and spent last season with the Portland Trailblazers before being waived at the trade deadline when the team acquired Eric Maynor.
He appeared in 39 games last season, primarily as a backup to rookie of the year Damian Lillard.
His best stretch as a professional came with the Jazz where he averaged 39 percent shooting, including 30 percent from three, 3.8 points per game and appeared in 232 games for the Jazz.
The terms of the contract have not been disclosed, although it is expected that he will be signed to the veteran minimum.
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- Jimmer Fredette trying to keep his head up as...
- High school football: Bingham accepts invite...
- BYU's senior day emotional for Cougar coach...
- Dick Harmon: Regardless of circusmtances,...
- Brad Rock: Arizona teaches Utes about waiting
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 117
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 116
- Runnin' Utes lose defensive battle at... 68
- Utes still have outside chance at... 37
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 36
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 34
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 30
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21