Mike Terry, Deseret News
Former Jazzman and Utah Valley University standout Ronnie Price has agreed to a deal with the Orlando Magic, reports Chris Haynes of Comcast SportsNet NW.
Price went undrafted out of UVU in 2005 and played with the Jazz from 2005-2011. He also played for the Sacramento Kings and Phoenix Suns, and spent last season with the Portland Trailblazers before being waived at the trade deadline when the team acquired Eric Maynor.
He appeared in 39 games last season, primarily as a backup to rookie of the year Damian Lillard.
His best stretch as a professional came with the Jazz where he averaged 39 percent shooting, including 30 percent from three, 3.8 points per game and appeared in 232 games for the Jazz.
The terms of the contract have not been disclosed, although it is expected that he will be signed to the veteran minimum.
- Is independence a viable option for BYU, or...
- BYU football: 10 players to buy stock in
- Utah Jazz almost on the clock to match Gordon...
- Jimmer Fredette returns to Provo to talk...
- BYU football: 10 players poised for breakout...
- Jazz rookie Rodney Hood starting to feel more...
- 10 with ties to Utah set for NBA Summer...
- Big turnout of fans buoys Jazz
- Vai's View: Harvey Langi hopes to... 276
- BYU-Utah rated nation's 12th-best... 117
- Gordon Hayward agrees to terms with... 65
- Is independence a viable option for... 55
- 4 Utah college football players named... 30
- BYU football: Box Elder's Riley Burt... 29
- Utah Jazz almost on the clock to match... 25
- Jimmer Fredette returns to Provo to... 13