Mike Terry, Deseret News
Former Jazzman and Utah Valley University standout Ronnie Price has agreed to a deal with the Orlando Magic, reports Chris Haynes of Comcast SportsNet NW.
Price went undrafted out of UVU in 2005 and played with the Jazz from 2005-2011. He also played for the Sacramento Kings and Phoenix Suns, and spent last season with the Portland Trailblazers before being waived at the trade deadline when the team acquired Eric Maynor.
He appeared in 39 games last season, primarily as a backup to rookie of the year Damian Lillard.
His best stretch as a professional came with the Jazz where he averaged 39 percent shooting, including 30 percent from three, 3.8 points per game and appeared in 232 games for the Jazz.
The terms of the contract have not been disclosed, although it is expected that he will be signed to the veteran minimum.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 45
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 27