Mike Terry, Deseret News
Former Jazzman and Utah Valley University standout Ronnie Price has agreed to a deal with the Orlando Magic, reports Chris Haynes of Comcast SportsNet NW.
Price went undrafted out of UVU in 2005 and played with the Jazz from 2005-2011. He also played for the Sacramento Kings and Phoenix Suns, and spent last season with the Portland Trailblazers before being waived at the trade deadline when the team acquired Eric Maynor.
He appeared in 39 games last season, primarily as a backup to rookie of the year Damian Lillard.
His best stretch as a professional came with the Jazz where he averaged 39 percent shooting, including 30 percent from three, 3.8 points per game and appeared in 232 games for the Jazz.
The terms of the contract have not been disclosed, although it is expected that he will be signed to the veteran minimum.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Miami Beach Bowl live coverage: BYU vs....
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Cougars gain a lot over Final Four weekend...
- Utes capped comeback season with lopsided Las...
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl live coverage: BYU vs.... 55
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 36
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 35
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars... 26