Body of man found near Jordan River bottoms identified
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
WHITE CITY — Investigators have identified the badly decomposed body of a man found near the Jordan River bottoms on Friday.
A cause of death had not been determined as of Tuesday. But detectives do not believe Justin C. Huntsman, 40, died as a result of homicide. He was reported missing to Draper police on June 30 and his name was placed on national police databases.
Huntsman's body was discovered by a motorist who got stuck in the mud in the area of 700 West and 9000 South. His body was so decomposed that investigators initially could not tell if the victim was a man or a woman.
Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said Tuesday the autopsy was not yet completed and investigators were hoping they would know a cause of death once it was done.
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of Mormon'...
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting program...
- Sandy mailman's plea for books gets worldwide...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- Living — or dying — with...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 285
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 98
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 91
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 88
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 73
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 64
- Does secret southern Utah meeting mean... 53
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45