Body of man found near Jordan River bottoms identified
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
WHITE CITY — Investigators have identified the badly decomposed body of a man found near the Jordan River bottoms on Friday.
A cause of death had not been determined as of Tuesday. But detectives do not believe Justin C. Huntsman, 40, died as a result of homicide. He was reported missing to Draper police on June 30 and his name was placed on national police databases.
Huntsman's body was discovered by a motorist who got stuck in the mud in the area of 700 West and 9000 South. His body was so decomposed that investigators initially could not tell if the victim was a man or a woman.
Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said Tuesday the autopsy was not yet completed and investigators were hoping they would know a cause of death once it was done.
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Mitt Romney talks pioneers, family tradition...
- Fatal Draper house fire was intentionally...
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows 'deep...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 25
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 20
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 12
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9