Body of man found near Jordan River bottoms identified
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
WHITE CITY — Investigators have identified the badly decomposed body of a man found near the Jordan River bottoms on Friday.
A cause of death had not been determined as of Tuesday. But detectives do not believe Justin C. Huntsman, 40, died as a result of homicide. He was reported missing to Draper police on June 30 and his name was placed on national police databases.
Huntsman's body was discovered by a motorist who got stuck in the mud in the area of 700 West and 9000 South. His body was so decomposed that investigators initially could not tell if the victim was a man or a woman.
Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said Tuesday the autopsy was not yet completed and investigators were hoping they would know a cause of death once it was done.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Republican, Democratic political... 36
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12