Body of man found near Jordan River bottoms identified
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
WHITE CITY — Investigators have identified the badly decomposed body of a man found near the Jordan River bottoms on Friday.
A cause of death had not been determined as of Tuesday. But detectives do not believe Justin C. Huntsman, 40, died as a result of homicide. He was reported missing to Draper police on June 30 and his name was placed on national police databases.
Huntsman's body was discovered by a motorist who got stuck in the mud in the area of 700 West and 9000 South. His body was so decomposed that investigators initially could not tell if the victim was a man or a woman.
Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said Tuesday the autopsy was not yet completed and investigators were hoping they would know a cause of death once it was done.
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Man injured in police shooting identified
- 'Teacherpreneur,' a new role in the world of...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 23
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19