Body of man found near Jordan River bottoms identified
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
WHITE CITY — Investigators have identified the badly decomposed body of a man found near the Jordan River bottoms on Friday.
A cause of death had not been determined as of Tuesday. But detectives do not believe Justin C. Huntsman, 40, died as a result of homicide. He was reported missing to Draper police on June 30 and his name was placed on national police databases.
Huntsman's body was discovered by a motorist who got stuck in the mud in the area of 700 West and 9000 South. His body was so decomposed that investigators initially could not tell if the victim was a man or a woman.
Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said Tuesday the autopsy was not yet completed and investigators were hoping they would know a cause of death once it was done.
- Utah's first family of rodeo: Riding buckin'...
- Tanker crash sends oil into Provo River as...
- Olene Walker, "one of Utah's finest public...
- Hillary's grace: Watching her daughter...
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving preparing...
- Icy roads blamed for Cedar City car crash...
- Local cowboys: A new foursome for the...
- Students hope to invent windows of the future
- Ogden woman sues trooper, alleging he... 36
- Olene Walker, "one of Utah's finest... 15
- Man steals woman's boarding pass,... 13
- The new Thanksgiving tradition: A quick... 11
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving... 10
- Utah liquor consumption is up, but... 8
- Recruiting crisis? UHP, other agencies... 6
- Tanker crash sends oil into Provo River... 6