Motorcycle driver in critical condition after Bangerter crash
DRAPER — A motorcycle driver was in critical condition Monday night after a crash on Bangerter Highway.
Witnesses told police the man was travelling south on Bangerter Highway at "extremely high rates of speed" and weaving between cars when a northbound Dodge Neon attempted a left turn and pulled out in front of the motorcycle near 13400 South, Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said.
The two drivers crashed in the intersection about 7 p.m.
The 25-year-old motorcycle driver was taken to Intermountain Medical Center in critical condition with serious arm injuries. The 30-year-old female driver of the car was uninjured.
Possible charges will be screened in the case, Hoyal said, taking into account the motorcycle driver's speed as well as the woman's attempt to turn in front of him. The accident reconstruction and investigation could take several weeks, he said.
Travel on Bangerter Highway was restricted until about 11 p.m.
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14