Motorcycle driver in critical condition after Bangerter crash
DRAPER — A motorcycle driver was in critical condition Monday night after a crash on Bangerter Highway.
Witnesses told police the man was travelling south on Bangerter Highway at "extremely high rates of speed" and weaving between cars when a northbound Dodge Neon attempted a left turn and pulled out in front of the motorcycle near 13400 South, Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said.
The two drivers crashed in the intersection about 7 p.m.
The 25-year-old motorcycle driver was taken to Intermountain Medical Center in critical condition with serious arm injuries. The 30-year-old female driver of the car was uninjured.
Possible charges will be screened in the case, Hoyal said, taking into account the motorcycle driver's speed as well as the woman's attempt to turn in front of him. The accident reconstruction and investigation could take several weeks, he said.
Travel on Bangerter Highway was restricted until about 11 p.m.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 35
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 32
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 20