Motorcycle driver in critical condition after Bangerter crash
DRAPER — A motorcycle driver was in critical condition Monday night after a crash on Bangerter Highway.
Witnesses told police the man was travelling south on Bangerter Highway at "extremely high rates of speed" and weaving between cars when a northbound Dodge Neon attempted a left turn and pulled out in front of the motorcycle near 13400 South, Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said.
The two drivers crashed in the intersection about 7 p.m.
The 25-year-old motorcycle driver was taken to Intermountain Medical Center in critical condition with serious arm injuries. The 30-year-old female driver of the car was uninjured.
Possible charges will be screened in the case, Hoyal said, taking into account the motorcycle driver's speed as well as the woman's attempt to turn in front of him. The accident reconstruction and investigation could take several weeks, he said.
Travel on Bangerter Highway was restricted until about 11 p.m.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Part police cruiser, part taxi,...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 34
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Parents say daughter didn't understand... 22
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14