Darryl Bush, AP
LOGAN – Four Utah State Aggie football players were named to the Rotary Lombardi Award Watch List Monday.
Senior center Tyler Larsen, senior offensive tackle Eric Schultz, senior linebacker Jake Doughty and sophomore linebacker Kyler Fackrell were the Aggies recognized.
The award is named in honor of Hall of Fame Green Bay Packers head coach Vince Lombardi. The Rotary Lombardi Award recognizes the top offensive or defensive lineman and/or linebacker who lines up no more than five yards away from the line of scrimmage.
Utah State was one of just two MW schools along with SJSU and one of just five FBS programs to place four individuals on the Watch List joining Alabama, Notre Dame and Stanford. In all, 26 Football Bowl Subdivision programs placed multiple individuals on the Watch List, including four Mountain West schools in Boise State, Fresno State, San Jose State and Utah State.
The announcement of these Fackrell, Doughty and Schultz's addition to the Lombardi watch list puts the total of Aggies named to preseason watch lists to six. Furthermore, along with their fellow players from Utah and BYU, the total of college football players from Utah programs named to preseason watch lists has jumped to 14.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 172
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 113
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 43