Darryl Bush, AP
LOGAN – Four Utah State Aggie football players were named to the Rotary Lombardi Award Watch List Monday.
Senior center Tyler Larsen, senior offensive tackle Eric Schultz, senior linebacker Jake Doughty and sophomore linebacker Kyler Fackrell were the Aggies recognized.
The award is named in honor of Hall of Fame Green Bay Packers head coach Vince Lombardi. The Rotary Lombardi Award recognizes the top offensive or defensive lineman and/or linebacker who lines up no more than five yards away from the line of scrimmage.
Utah State was one of just two MW schools along with SJSU and one of just five FBS programs to place four individuals on the Watch List joining Alabama, Notre Dame and Stanford. In all, 26 Football Bowl Subdivision programs placed multiple individuals on the Watch List, including four Mountain West schools in Boise State, Fresno State, San Jose State and Utah State.
The announcement of these Fackrell, Doughty and Schultz's addition to the Lombardi watch list puts the total of Aggies named to preseason watch lists to six. Furthermore, along with their fellow players from Utah and BYU, the total of college football players from Utah programs named to preseason watch lists has jumped to 14.
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 107
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 32
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20