Darryl Bush, AP
LOGAN – Four Utah State Aggie football players were named to the Rotary Lombardi Award Watch List Monday.
Senior center Tyler Larsen, senior offensive tackle Eric Schultz, senior linebacker Jake Doughty and sophomore linebacker Kyler Fackrell were the Aggies recognized.
The award is named in honor of Hall of Fame Green Bay Packers head coach Vince Lombardi. The Rotary Lombardi Award recognizes the top offensive or defensive lineman and/or linebacker who lines up no more than five yards away from the line of scrimmage.
Utah State was one of just two MW schools along with SJSU and one of just five FBS programs to place four individuals on the Watch List joining Alabama, Notre Dame and Stanford. In all, 26 Football Bowl Subdivision programs placed multiple individuals on the Watch List, including four Mountain West schools in Boise State, Fresno State, San Jose State and Utah State.
The announcement of these Fackrell, Doughty and Schultz's addition to the Lombardi watch list puts the total of Aggies named to preseason watch lists to six. Furthermore, along with their fellow players from Utah and BYU, the total of college football players from Utah programs named to preseason watch lists has jumped to 14.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- Utah Jazz pick up rare road win against Miami...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- BYU running back Adam Hine enjoying Miami...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 43
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 36
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25