Darryl Bush, AP
LOGAN – Four Utah State Aggie football players were named to the Rotary Lombardi Award Watch List Monday.
Senior center Tyler Larsen, senior offensive tackle Eric Schultz, senior linebacker Jake Doughty and sophomore linebacker Kyler Fackrell were the Aggies recognized.
The award is named in honor of Hall of Fame Green Bay Packers head coach Vince Lombardi. The Rotary Lombardi Award recognizes the top offensive or defensive lineman and/or linebacker who lines up no more than five yards away from the line of scrimmage.
Utah State was one of just two MW schools along with SJSU and one of just five FBS programs to place four individuals on the Watch List joining Alabama, Notre Dame and Stanford. In all, 26 Football Bowl Subdivision programs placed multiple individuals on the Watch List, including four Mountain West schools in Boise State, Fresno State, San Jose State and Utah State.
The announcement of these Fackrell, Doughty and Schultz's addition to the Lombardi watch list puts the total of Aggies named to preseason watch lists to six. Furthermore, along with their fellow players from Utah and BYU, the total of college football players from Utah programs named to preseason watch lists has jumped to 14.
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 55
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48