Charges: Midvale woman used screenshots to get $175K from employer
SALT LAKE CITY — A Midvale woman was charged Monday with using screenshots of online purchases to dupe her Sugar House employer out of $175,000.
Sara Marie Fabbro, 28, was charged in 3rd District Court with 10 counts of communications fraud, a second-degree felony. She was also charged with engaging in a pattern of unlawful activity, a second-degree felony; and forgery, a third-degree felony.
Police said Fabbro used screenshots of online purchases that she never completed to request reimbursements from her employer, Castle and Cooke Mortgage Company, 2375 E. Parleys Way, charging documents state.
Fabbro worked for the mortgage company between July 2012 and June 2013 as a marketing director and was responsible for purchasing promotional items and paying for events. During her employment, prosecutors say Fabbro submitted requests for 10 reimbursements totalling $175,474.
Fabbro's employers clued in when they were contacted by a banquet company in June about an outstanding bill for $44,565, according to the charges. When asked about the balance, Fabbro said she had paid with a personal credit card and presented a forged receipt, the charges state.
A warrant was issued for Fabbro's arrest after she failed to appear in court Monday in an unrelated case, court records show. Bail is set at $50,000.
— McKenzie Romero
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Herbert signs bills for Fairpark arena funds,...
- Police answering welfare call find woman...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 23
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14