Charges: Midvale woman used screenshots to get $175K from employer
SALT LAKE CITY — A Midvale woman was charged Monday with using screenshots of online purchases to dupe her Sugar House employer out of $175,000.
Sara Marie Fabbro, 28, was charged in 3rd District Court with 10 counts of communications fraud, a second-degree felony. She was also charged with engaging in a pattern of unlawful activity, a second-degree felony; and forgery, a third-degree felony.
Police said Fabbro used screenshots of online purchases that she never completed to request reimbursements from her employer, Castle and Cooke Mortgage Company, 2375 E. Parleys Way, charging documents state.
Fabbro worked for the mortgage company between July 2012 and June 2013 as a marketing director and was responsible for purchasing promotional items and paying for events. During her employment, prosecutors say Fabbro submitted requests for 10 reimbursements totalling $175,474.
Fabbro's employers clued in when they were contacted by a banquet company in June about an outstanding bill for $44,565, according to the charges. When asked about the balance, Fabbro said she had paid with a personal credit card and presented a forged receipt, the charges state.
A warrant was issued for Fabbro's arrest after she failed to appear in court Monday in an unrelated case, court records show. Bail is set at $50,000.
— McKenzie Romero
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- 25 of the craziest — and cutest —...
- Photo gallery: Journey headlines 35th Stadium...
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- Funeral services for President Boyd K. Packer...
- Firefighter puts injured dog on shoulders,...
- Officer being called a hero for saving Salt...
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without... 50
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 40
- Idaho's gay marriage ban remains in... 36
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 27
- Utah senators seeking support for... 16
- Pig-shaped hot air balloon crashes in... 12
- Rubio, Christie planning sleepover with... 12
- Utah denies proposed ballot initiative... 10