Charges: Midvale woman used screenshots to get $175K from employer
SALT LAKE CITY — A Midvale woman was charged Monday with using screenshots of online purchases to dupe her Sugar House employer out of $175,000.
Sara Marie Fabbro, 28, was charged in 3rd District Court with 10 counts of communications fraud, a second-degree felony. She was also charged with engaging in a pattern of unlawful activity, a second-degree felony; and forgery, a third-degree felony.
Police said Fabbro used screenshots of online purchases that she never completed to request reimbursements from her employer, Castle and Cooke Mortgage Company, 2375 E. Parleys Way, charging documents state.
Fabbro worked for the mortgage company between July 2012 and June 2013 as a marketing director and was responsible for purchasing promotional items and paying for events. During her employment, prosecutors say Fabbro submitted requests for 10 reimbursements totalling $175,474.
Fabbro's employers clued in when they were contacted by a banquet company in June about an outstanding bill for $44,565, according to the charges. When asked about the balance, Fabbro said she had paid with a personal credit card and presented a forged receipt, the charges state.
A warrant was issued for Fabbro's arrest after she failed to appear in court Monday in an unrelated case, court records show. Bail is set at $50,000.
— McKenzie Romero
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 43
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23