SALT LAKE CITY — A Salt Lake massage parlor owner will serve five years to life in prison for coercing a 17-year-old girl and her mother into prostitution.
The Utah Attorney General’s SECURE Strike Force arrested Luis Daniel Arano-Hernandez, 30, last November after an eight-month investigation into sex trafficking. Prosecutors charged him in 3rd District Court with aggravated human trafficking involving a child.
"I was really tired of being bullied and mentally tortured,” the teenage girl testified at a preliminary hearing. “I was just tired of him controlling me, making me go to work everyday, not having a normal life like other children did."
Prosecutor Gregory Ferbrache said the sentence was appropriate given what happened to the victims.
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Former Attorney General John Swallow left...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Longtime teacher, BYU instructor appointed...
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion budget
- Cottonwood Heights mayor, residents unhappy...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 98
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 24
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 18