OGDEN — A veteran Ogden schoolteacher has been sentenced to prison for sexually abusing two 13-year-old boys.
Scott Ray McMurray, 58, was sentenced to 30 years to life in prison by 2nd District Judge Ernie Jones. McMurray pleaded guilty to 11 counts of aggravated sexual abuse of a child and three counts of attempted sodomy on a child, first-degree felonies, in June.
Jones sentenced McMurray to 15 years to life in prison on all 14 of the counts but ordered that all the sexual abuse counts run concurrent with each other and that the attempted sodomy counts also run concurrent with each other. But he ordered that the concurrent sexual abuse counts run consecutive to the concurrent attempted sodomy counts.
Jones also ordered that McMurray pay at least $630 in restitution.
The man abused one of the boys starting in 2008 through 2009, and again in 2012, according to a statement in support of McMurray's guilty plea. He abused the second boy on Jan. 10 of this year. All of the allegations involve inappropriate touching.
Though McMurray was a sixth-grade teacher at Heritage Elementary School, 373 S. 150 West, at the time of his arrest, police said the alleged victims were not students at the school. McMurray, who had been employed by Ogden School District for 16 years, was put on administrative leave after his arrest.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12