Rational or Irrational: DN Comment boards explode as college football season approaches
"BYU and usu at least have a chance to get 10 wins, utah has no chance. And it isn't just utah's schedule that is going to prevent it, it is that they simply are not going to be very good. They'll probably lose to both usu and BYU and will probably lose to very pac12 team other than colorado and maybe washington st. a 3 win season for them is a real possibility. There is not one single "for sure" win on utah's schedule. Not even weber although they should win that game. BYU could win anywhere from 8-10 although I think 8 is more likely. They still have 4 almost for sure wins and 4 more decidedly in their favor. The ranked teams will be tough but they should get 1-3 wins there depending on how the ball bounces. usu will win 8-9. They will more than likely beat utah again and will beat the bad mwc teams and at best split against the good ones. They will not get 10 wins and will not wind up ranked."
5. Schedules: BYU=Mediocre, Utah=Hardest in history
"USU has the easiest schedule and best shot of getting 10 wins, but the changing of the guard at coach will probably keep them from getting there. 8 or 9 wins should still be enough to build on and add to the aggie name.
"BYU has a mediocre schedule and should get to 8 wins easily. It is getting two more wins that will be difficult. They will need to win the tough games early in the season before the better teams become solidified. Always easier to win a top 25 team in the beginning of the season.
"Utah has the most difficult schedule ever faced by any team in the history of the state. Just getting to a bowl game will be victory in a rebuilding year. Too much needs to improve for the Utes to get to double digit wins. Probably will go 6-6. The key to those six wins is beating Utah State."
6. BYU schedule comeback, bringing up loss to CU
Y Grad / Y Dad
Response to SoonerUte
"'For Utah to get 10 wins, they'd need an easier schedule... like BYU's.' What good would an easier schedule do U? U still have to get by Colorado."
7. Not stronger, but toughest Either way "Go Aggies!"
"Hey minus the few normal attacks and lame NORMAL HATING fans....pretty good comments. Here is my take:
"I'm a huge Aggie Fan-I think they can for sure win 10 games! Why, well because I'm a huge Aggie fan :-) And they for sure have the talent to do it and the schedule.
"Ute fans....enough is enough with going off about BYU's schedule and how yours is stronger! There is no way to know who's schedule is truly stronger as none of those teams are tested yet! BYU has a freaking crazy schedule! I wish them the best of luck. 10 wins. I don't see it!
"BYU Fans....Come on! Quit with the UTE attacks! They by far have the toughest schedule in Utah and close to the Nations toughest (top 10)...going off of how teams did last year. To say they have NO chance to win 10.....come on really? Of course they have a chance. I for one hope they only lose 1 game! There first :-) "
8. Let's talk money, I guess
"What do these teams have to do to make $10+ million dollars this season?
"1. USU - win every single regular season game by 20 or more and hope they are noticed by the media so that they can be considered to be invited to a BCS bowl.
"2. BYU - Also go undefeated and hope the other teams in front of them lose so they get an invite to the BCS.
"3. Utah - Nothing."
9. Aggies - keep doing your thing
John S. Harvey
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 75
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 64
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27