SALT LAKE CITY — The Downtown Alliance has announced the recipients of its 2013 Achievement Awards.
The honorees are The Depot, Salt Lake County Mayor Ben McAdams, Valter Nassi, Salt Lake City Greek Festival and Neumont University.
The individuals and organizations were honored for their key roles in continuing to create a more dynamic and diverse community that is the regional center for culture, commerce and entertainment, according to the Downtown Alliance.
“The Depot is truly honored to receive this award. Over the past seven years we have played host to countless concerts and private events,” said general manager Tad Duga. “We believe that we have filled a void in the market by creating The Depot and our goal has always been to provide the downtown area with the best entertainment money can buy. The quality of entertainment that we bring to the downtown area is second to none. Salt Lake City has supported us through the difficult economic times and for that we would like to say, thank you.”
McAdams, who took office in January, said: “I appreciate this award. Our region's future is bright if we continue our focus on privately led economic development in collaboration with county and city government. ... I look forward to continuing my partnership effort with business and community leaders as we move Utah forward."
Nassi, a restaurateur, was at Cucina Toscana in Salt Lake City since its inception, prior to opening Valter’s.
The Salt Lake City Greek Festival was noted for having a great value, at $3 per person, for cultural offerings including food, dancing and traditional music, according to the Downtown Alliance.
Neumont will relocate its technology driven campus to Main Street this summer. The school also will offer on-site housing for 80 students.
The awards will be presented Tuesday at the Inaugural Downtown Symposium at the Marriott City Center Hotel, 222 S. State.
The symposium will feature keynote speaker Peter Kageyama, an expert on community development and author of "For the Love of Cities."
For more information, visit www.downtownslc.org/achievement.
- ACT scores, 2015: A breakdown of each state,...
- Teen accused of murdering neighbor now...
- Mother, former LDS seminary teacher creates...
- The 25 most educated cities in America: Where...
- Man dies in head-on collision after truck...
- Alzheimer's, fall claim life of Elder Keith...
- ‘Jackie & Ryan’ showcases beauty...
- Report: Utah colleges producing degrees with...
- Poll: Utahns would take Donald Trump... 76
- Planned Parenthood draws support,... 70
- GOP presidential candidate Jeb Bush has... 28
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 23
- Commissioner wants new trial as feds... 19
- 'A war on talent': Jobless rate at 3.6... 15
- Herriman residents upset rehab facility... 13
- Stolen identity: Congressman Jason... 12