Utah Jazz have new D-League affiliation with Bakersfield Jam
SALT LAKE CITY — After just one year as the Reno Bighorns' partners, the Utah Jazz are switching allegiances in the D-League.
So long, "The Biggest Little City in the World."
Hello, Bakersfield, Calif.
The NBA and its Development League announced today that the Jazz will be affiliated with the Bakersfield Jam for the 2013-14 season. Utah needed a new affiliate after the Sacramento Kings bought the rights to be the Bighorns' sole partner.
For those having a hard time keeping track of the Jazz's D-League teams, the Jam will be the franchise's fifth different affiliation since 2005. Utah has previously been associated with the Albuquerque Thunderbirds (2005-06), Idaho Stampede (2006-07 and 2011-12), Utah Flash (2007-11) and Reno Bighorns (2012-13).
The Jam, who play at Dignity Health Events Center, are a popular D-League squad. They will also be affiliated with the Atlanta Hawks, Los Angeles Clippers, Phoenix Suns and Toronto Raptors this season.
Utah has called up 10 different D-League players over the years, including guard Jerel McNeal, who finished the 2012-13 season with the Jazz after playing with the Jam. He remains on the Jazz's roster with a nonguaranteed contract after playing with the team in the Orlando Pro Summer League.
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- Haws' teammates marvel at his BYU scoring record
- 5A boys basketball tournament central: Live...
- 4A boys state tournament central: Live...
- BYU basketball analysis: How the Cougars flew...
- Too many turnovers, not enough baskets... 114
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 91
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 82
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 59
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 45
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 43
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30