SALT LAKE CITY — After just one year as the Reno Bighorns' partners, the Utah Jazz are switching allegiances in the D-League.
So long, "The Biggest Little City in the World."
Hello, Bakersfield, Calif.
The NBA and its Development League announced today that the Jazz will be affiliated with the Bakersfield Jam for the 2013-14 season. Utah needed a new affiliate after the Sacramento Kings bought the rights to be the Bighorns' sole partner.
For those having a hard time keeping track of the Jazz's D-League teams, the Jam will be the franchise's fifth different affiliation since 2005. Utah has previously been associated with the Albuquerque Thunderbirds (2005-06), Idaho Stampede (2006-07 and 2011-12), Utah Flash (2007-11) and Reno Bighorns (2012-13).
The Jam, who play at Dignity Health Events Center, are a popular D-League squad. They will also be affiliated with the Atlanta Hawks, Los Angeles Clippers, Phoenix Suns and Toronto Raptors this season.
Utah has called up 10 different D-League players over the years, including guard Jerel McNeal, who finished the 2012-13 season with the Jazz after playing with the Jam. He remains on the Jazz's roster with a nonguaranteed contract after playing with the team in the Orlando Pro Summer League.
- BYU basketball: Confident San Francisco...
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of 3-pointers,...
- High school boys basketball: TJ Haws' career...
- Basketball bonds: Hoops have tied Utah star...
- David Stockton, son of John, saves the day...
- Utah Jazz: Boos for Paul Millsap?...
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- High school boys basketball: Underdog...
- Utah basketball: Utes clip Cal in... 84
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 67
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 57
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit... 57
- Doug Robinson: Time to move on for... 43
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of... 34
- CougarLinks: BYU picked to win WCC... 28
- BYU basketball: Bottom seed LMU knocks... 26