Utah Jazz have new D-League affiliation with Bakersfield Jam
SALT LAKE CITY — After just one year as the Reno Bighorns' partners, the Utah Jazz are switching allegiances in the D-League.
So long, "The Biggest Little City in the World."
Hello, Bakersfield, Calif.
The NBA and its Development League announced today that the Jazz will be affiliated with the Bakersfield Jam for the 2013-14 season. Utah needed a new affiliate after the Sacramento Kings bought the rights to be the Bighorns' sole partner.
For those having a hard time keeping track of the Jazz's D-League teams, the Jam will be the franchise's fifth different affiliation since 2005. Utah has previously been associated with the Albuquerque Thunderbirds (2005-06), Idaho Stampede (2006-07 and 2011-12), Utah Flash (2007-11) and Reno Bighorns (2012-13).
The Jam, who play at Dignity Health Events Center, are a popular D-League squad. They will also be affiliated with the Atlanta Hawks, Los Angeles Clippers, Phoenix Suns and Toronto Raptors this season.
Utah has called up 10 different D-League players over the years, including guard Jerel McNeal, who finished the 2012-13 season with the Jazz after playing with the Jam. He remains on the Jazz's roster with a nonguaranteed contract after playing with the team in the Orlando Pro Summer League.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26