Evan Vucci, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Best-selling author Jerome Corsi recently released a book titled 'What Went Wrong?' outlining the 2012 presidential election and how Romney's membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints possibly affected the outcome of the race, WND reported.
In his book, Corsi notes that 13 months before Election Day, Robert Jeffress, pastor of First Baptist Church in Dallas, Texas, caused a commotion when he warned against voting for Romney because “Mormonism is not Christianity,” saying the decision for evangelical Christians is whether “we prefer someone who is truly a believer in Jesus Christ or someone who is part of a cult.”
Corsi also said, "the mainstream media neglected to mention the polygamy at the heart of Barack Obama’s life story, in that Obama’s father, the Kenyan Barack Obama, had multiple wives and was married to a woman in Africa at the same time he married Ann Dunham and conceived the future president."
Editor's Note: The original version of this story posted on July 15, 2013, failed to properly attribute all source materials, which violates our editorial policies. The story was revised on Oct. 10, 2013, to link to original source material. The story was also shortened to fall within our editorial guidelines for aggregation.
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- 10 things to do with an LDS account
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the 'ultimate...
- What's new: 'Women and the Priesthood' by...
- Court: Mormon church, members not liable in...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered... 62
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 50
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 38
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 34
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 30
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged... 28
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- Ask Angela: Woman shares update on... 20