Mia Love raises $475K in 3 months for 2014 rematch with Jim Matheson
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Republican Mia Love raised a substantial amount of cash over the past three months for a 2014 rematch with Rep. Jim Matheson in the 4th Congressional District.
Still, the Democratic congressman owns a slight edge in total dollars on hand.
Love pulled in $475,706, mostly from individual donors across the country, according to her quarterly Federal Election Commission report filed Monday. The report is her first since announcing her candidacy in May.
“Our report shows that this is a campaign supported by thousands of hard-working families who want to see a change in Washington, not big corporate PACs and Washington insiders who only want to see the status quo perpetuated in Congress,” Love said in a statement.
Only two PACs were among the contributors. The Value in Electing Women PAC contributed $5,000 and Washington GOP Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers donated $1,000 from her CMR PAC.
Love, the mayor of Saratoga Springs, now has $455,540 in her campaign account after recent expenses.
Matheson raised $257,422 the past quarter and has $460,356 in his war chest.
"I always raise what it takes," he said. "I'm pleased with my cash on hand totals and I am ahead of my pace to win again."
Matheson, a seven-term Democrat, beat Love by 768 votes in the state's new 4th District last year. He had served in the 2nd District for six terms.
Both the amount raised the past quarter and the cash on hand put Love among the top in the country in those categories, according to her campaign.
“This is only the beginning,” she said, adding she is building strong grass-roots support that will result in victory in 2014.
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- What does a letter grade mean for my child's...
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Former top deputy in Utah attorney general...
- A year later, a look at the Utah decision on...
- Christmas I Remember Best: 'All this, and...
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Candlelight vigil held for critically injured...
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 88
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 54
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 35
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 32
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 15
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 13