Weber State, SUU football: Wildcats, Thunderbirds selected near the bottom of the Big Sky preseason polls
Tom Smart, Deseret News
PARK CITY — Weber State and Southern Utah were picked near the bottom of the Big Sky in the conference's preseason football polls released Monday morning.
Weber State was picked to finish 12th in the media poll and 11th in the coaches poll, while Southern Utah was picked to finish ninth in both polls.
Montana State, which has shared three straight Big Sky championships, was picked first in both polls, with Eastern Washington second and Montana third. Idaho State was picked for last, 13th, in both polls.
In the preseason all-conference teams, Weber State linebacker Anthony Morales was chosen for the first team on defense, while Southern Utah receiver Fatu Moala, guard Gavin Farr and placekicker Colton Cook were picked for the first team on offense.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Cougars gain a lot over Final Four weekend...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 63
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 53
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 30
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28