Weber State, SUU football: Wildcats, Thunderbirds selected near the bottom of the Big Sky preseason polls
Tom Smart, Deseret News
PARK CITY — Weber State and Southern Utah were picked near the bottom of the Big Sky in the conference's preseason football polls released Monday morning.
Weber State was picked to finish 12th in the media poll and 11th in the coaches poll, while Southern Utah was picked to finish ninth in both polls.
Montana State, which has shared three straight Big Sky championships, was picked first in both polls, with Eastern Washington second and Montana third. Idaho State was picked for last, 13th, in both polls.
In the preseason all-conference teams, Weber State linebacker Anthony Morales was chosen for the first team on defense, while Southern Utah receiver Fatu Moala, guard Gavin Farr and placekicker Colton Cook were picked for the first team on offense.
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- Even before easy win, good day for Serena...
- Westbrook, Thunder put Warriors on brink of...
- 'Lost my way': Murray pushed to 5 sets again...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 148
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 68
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 50
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 49
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 28
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27