Weber State, SUU football: Wildcats, Thunderbirds selected near the bottom of the Big Sky preseason polls
Tom Smart, Deseret News
PARK CITY — Weber State and Southern Utah were picked near the bottom of the Big Sky in the conference's preseason football polls released Monday morning.
Weber State was picked to finish 12th in the media poll and 11th in the coaches poll, while Southern Utah was picked to finish ninth in both polls.
Montana State, which has shared three straight Big Sky championships, was picked first in both polls, with Eastern Washington second and Montana third. Idaho State was picked for last, 13th, in both polls.
In the preseason all-conference teams, Weber State linebacker Anthony Morales was chosen for the first team on defense, while Southern Utah receiver Fatu Moala, guard Gavin Farr and placekicker Colton Cook were picked for the first team on offense.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utes have a lot of depth on the... 18
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 18