Weber State, SUU football: Wildcats, Thunderbirds selected near the bottom of the Big Sky preseason polls
Tom Smart, Deseret News
PARK CITY — Weber State and Southern Utah were picked near the bottom of the Big Sky in the conference's preseason football polls released Monday morning.
Weber State was picked to finish 12th in the media poll and 11th in the coaches poll, while Southern Utah was picked to finish ninth in both polls.
Montana State, which has shared three straight Big Sky championships, was picked first in both polls, with Eastern Washington second and Montana third. Idaho State was picked for last, 13th, in both polls.
In the preseason all-conference teams, Weber State linebacker Anthony Morales was chosen for the first team on defense, while Southern Utah receiver Fatu Moala, guard Gavin Farr and placekicker Colton Cook were picked for the first team on offense.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19