Police arrest alleged bank robber at Salt Lake City hotel
SALT LAKE CITY — An alleged bank robber was arrested Friday night following an extensive interagency effort.
Police received a tip and tracked Robbie Robinson to the Shilo Inn, 206 S. West Temple. Robinson was to be booked into Salt Lake County Jail facing possible federal charges, said Unified police detective Jared Richardson.
Once the hotel was locked down, SWAT members made contact with Robinson and he surrendered without any conflict, Richardson said.
The Unified Police Department, Salt Lake City police, SWAT and Metro Gang units assisted in the operation.
Police say Robinson robbed U.S. Bank at 888 E. 4500 South, in Millcreek, about 1:15 p.m. Friday. Police said he entered the bank and presented a note to the teller demanding money, saying he had a weapon. He then fled out the front door.
Robinson was also wanted on a federal warrant, police said.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 68
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 30
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18