Police arrest alleged bank robber at Salt Lake City hotel
SALT LAKE CITY — An alleged bank robber was arrested Friday night following an extensive interagency effort.
Police received a tip and tracked Robbie Robinson to the Shilo Inn, 206 S. West Temple. Robinson was to be booked into Salt Lake County Jail facing possible federal charges, said Unified police detective Jared Richardson.
Once the hotel was locked down, SWAT members made contact with Robinson and he surrendered without any conflict, Richardson said.
The Unified Police Department, Salt Lake City police, SWAT and Metro Gang units assisted in the operation.
Police say Robinson robbed U.S. Bank at 888 E. 4500 South, in Millcreek, about 1:15 p.m. Friday. Police said he entered the bank and presented a note to the teller demanding money, saying he had a weapon. He then fled out the front door.
Robinson was also wanted on a federal warrant, police said.
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride Center's...
- Desire to serve: Even a gunshot couldn't keep...
- 1 dead in Uintah County after track hoe...
- Pig-shaped hot air balloon crashes in Provo
- Farmington woman tumbles 150 feet in hiking...
- Utah farmer turns alfalfa field into the...
- 'You can see the jaw marks': Pleasant Grove...
- 4 ways to guarantee your kids will have a...
- Delta man staged hate crimes in a 'cry... 96
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 55
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy... 41
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 38
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 28
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21
- U.S. Supreme Court overturns EPA's... 13
- Pig-shaped hot air balloon crashes in... 12