Police arrest alleged bank robber at Salt Lake City hotel
SALT LAKE CITY — An alleged bank robber was arrested Friday night following an extensive interagency effort.
Police received a tip and tracked Robbie Robinson to the Shilo Inn, 206 S. West Temple. Robinson was to be booked into Salt Lake County Jail facing possible federal charges, said Unified police detective Jared Richardson.
Once the hotel was locked down, SWAT members made contact with Robinson and he surrendered without any conflict, Richardson said.
The Unified Police Department, Salt Lake City police, SWAT and Metro Gang units assisted in the operation.
Police say Robinson robbed U.S. Bank at 888 E. 4500 South, in Millcreek, about 1:15 p.m. Friday. Police said he entered the bank and presented a note to the teller demanding money, saying he had a weapon. He then fled out the front door.
Robinson was also wanted on a federal warrant, police said.
- 3 men missing nearly 5 months were likely...
- BYU student claims he was evicted after...
- Court battle settled over Susan Powell...
- Gail Miller honored as 'Giant In Our City'
- Stolen truck full of $1 million in shoes...
- Wrong way driver killed, 1 critically injured...
- Tea party movement still strong, Harvard...
- Top 5 other playgrounds you haven't yet...
- BYU student claims he was evicted after... 41
- Meetings to resolve Medicaid expansion... 29
- Critics worry firing squad law will... 26
- Dramatic increase in Alzheimer's... 24
- Tea party movement still strong,... 22
- Sen. Mike Lee not ready to endorse Ted... 18
- Salt Lake City to become next Google... 17
- Co-founder of Ancestry.com charged with... 14