Police arrest alleged bank robber at Salt Lake City hotel
SALT LAKE CITY — An alleged bank robber was arrested Friday night following an extensive interagency effort.
Police received a tip and tracked Robbie Robinson to the Shilo Inn, 206 S. West Temple. Robinson was to be booked into Salt Lake County Jail facing possible federal charges, said Unified police detective Jared Richardson.
Once the hotel was locked down, SWAT members made contact with Robinson and he surrendered without any conflict, Richardson said.
The Unified Police Department, Salt Lake City police, SWAT and Metro Gang units assisted in the operation.
Police say Robinson robbed U.S. Bank at 888 E. 4500 South, in Millcreek, about 1:15 p.m. Friday. Police said he entered the bank and presented a note to the teller demanding money, saying he had a weapon. He then fled out the front door.
Robinson was also wanted on a federal warrant, police said.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 39
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 14
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13