Police arrest alleged bank robber at Salt Lake City hotel
SALT LAKE CITY — An alleged bank robber was arrested Friday night following an extensive interagency effort.
Police received a tip and tracked Robbie Robinson to the Shilo Inn, 206 S. West Temple. Robinson was to be booked into Salt Lake County Jail facing possible federal charges, said Unified police detective Jared Richardson.
Once the hotel was locked down, SWAT members made contact with Robinson and he surrendered without any conflict, Richardson said.
The Unified Police Department, Salt Lake City police, SWAT and Metro Gang units assisted in the operation.
Police say Robinson robbed U.S. Bank at 888 E. 4500 South, in Millcreek, about 1:15 p.m. Friday. Police said he entered the bank and presented a note to the teller demanding money, saying he had a weapon. He then fled out the front door.
Robinson was also wanted on a federal warrant, police said.
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 38
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- IRS raids properties with possible... 21
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11
- Cheerleaders for Medicaid expansion ask... 9