3-year-old accidentally nearly hangs self on backyard swing set
STANSBURY PARK, Tooele County — A 3-year-old was hospitalized Friday after nearly hanging herself on a rope tied to a backyard swing set.
The girl was playing about 8 p.m. with relatives at a grandparent's house, 5311 N. Cambridge Way, when some of the other children attached a rope to a slide, tying a loop to slip around their waists, said Tooele County Sheriff Sgt. Shandy Lewis.
The girl, who had seen the other children playing with the rope, put the loop around her neck and proceeded down the slide. Lewis said the girl was caught in the rope for an estimated five minutes before she was found.
The girl was taken by medical helicopter to Primary Children's Medical Center. She crying and breathing on her own when paramedics transported her, though her condition was still troubling, Lewis said. She is expected to recover.
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- 25 of the craziest — and cutest —...
- Photo gallery: Journey headlines 35th Stadium...
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Funeral services for President Boyd K. Packer...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- About Utah: They go back to give back
- Healing underway in Greek Orthodox community
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without... 48
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 43
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 40
- Idaho's gay marriage ban remains in... 36
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 27
- Utah senators seeking support for... 16
- My view: Utah lawmakers can protect... 13
- Pig-shaped hot air balloon crashes in... 12