3-year-old accidentally nearly hangs self on backyard swing set
STANSBURY PARK, Tooele County — A 3-year-old was hospitalized Friday after nearly hanging herself on a rope tied to a backyard swing set.
The girl was playing about 8 p.m. with relatives at a grandparent's house, 5311 N. Cambridge Way, when some of the other children attached a rope to a slide, tying a loop to slip around their waists, said Tooele County Sheriff Sgt. Shandy Lewis.
The girl, who had seen the other children playing with the rope, put the loop around her neck and proceeded down the slide. Lewis said the girl was caught in the rope for an estimated five minutes before she was found.
The girl was taken by medical helicopter to Primary Children's Medical Center. She crying and breathing on her own when paramedics transported her, though her condition was still troubling, Lewis said. She is expected to recover.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 55
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 12