3-year-old accidentally nearly hangs self on backyard swing set
STANSBURY PARK, Tooele County — A 3-year-old was hospitalized Friday after nearly hanging herself on a rope tied to a backyard swing set.
The girl was playing about 8 p.m. with relatives at a grandparent's house, 5311 N. Cambridge Way, when some of the other children attached a rope to a slide, tying a loop to slip around their waists, said Tooele County Sheriff Sgt. Shandy Lewis.
The girl, who had seen the other children playing with the rope, put the loop around her neck and proceeded down the slide. Lewis said the girl was caught in the rope for an estimated five minutes before she was found.
The girl was taken by medical helicopter to Primary Children's Medical Center. She crying and breathing on her own when paramedics transported her, though her condition was still troubling, Lewis said. She is expected to recover.
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Syracuse woman killed in Antelope Drive crash
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 32
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21