3-year-old accidentally nearly hangs self on backyard swing set
STANSBURY PARK, Tooele County — A 3-year-old was hospitalized Friday after nearly hanging herself on a rope tied to a backyard swing set.
The girl was playing about 8 p.m. with relatives at a grandparent's house, 5311 N. Cambridge Way, when some of the other children attached a rope to a slide, tying a loop to slip around their waists, said Tooele County Sheriff Sgt. Shandy Lewis.
The girl, who had seen the other children playing with the rope, put the loop around her neck and proceeded down the slide. Lewis said the girl was caught in the rope for an estimated five minutes before she was found.
The girl was taken by medical helicopter to Primary Children's Medical Center. She crying and breathing on her own when paramedics transported her, though her condition was still troubling, Lewis said. She is expected to recover.
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Teen dies in suspected overdose in Farmington
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 16
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 14
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 12
- Mia Love pushing higher education act 11