3-year-old accidentally nearly hangs self on backyard swing set
STANSBURY PARK, Tooele County — A 3-year-old was hospitalized Friday after nearly hanging herself on a rope tied to a backyard swing set.
The girl was playing about 8 p.m. with relatives at a grandparent's house, 5311 N. Cambridge Way, when some of the other children attached a rope to a slide, tying a loop to slip around their waists, said Tooele County Sheriff Sgt. Shandy Lewis.
The girl, who had seen the other children playing with the rope, put the loop around her neck and proceeded down the slide. Lewis said the girl was caught in the rope for an estimated five minutes before she was found.
The girl was taken by medical helicopter to Primary Children's Medical Center. She crying and breathing on her own when paramedics transported her, though her condition was still troubling, Lewis said. She is expected to recover.
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Woman accused of leaving young son outside...
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay...
- Tired teen plowed into new car lot, Vernal...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 53
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 48
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running... 36
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 34
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 33
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 31
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27