Screenshot from IMDb.com
Lionsgate Entertainment issued a response July 12 to Orson Scott Card’s controversial comments regarding same-sex marriage. The company said that although it did not agree with Card’s opinions, the book and film “Ender’s Game” do not “reflect these views in any way, shape or form.”
In the statement, Lionsgate confirmed its commitment to the LGBT community and said it would host a benefit premiere for “Ender’s Game.”
“As proud longtime supporters of the LGBT community, champions of films ranging from 'Gods and Monsters' to 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower' and a company that is proud to have recognized same-sex unions and domestic partnerships within its employee benefits policies for many years, we obviously do not agree with the personal views of Orson Scott Card and those of the National Organization for Marriage. However, they are completely irrelevant to a discussion of 'Ender’s Game.' The simple fact is that neither the underlying book nor the film itself reflect these views in any way, shape or form. On the contrary, the film not only transports viewers to an entertaining and action-filled world, but it does so with positive and inspiring characters who ultimately deliver an ennobling and life-affirming message. Lionsgate will continue its longstanding commitment to the LGBT community by exploring new ways we can support LGBT causes and, as part of this ongoing process, will host a benefit premiere for 'Ender’s Game.'”
- What 'shared parenting' is and how it can...
- UTubers: Redhead Express covers 'I Knew I...
- RootsTech 2016 a 25,000-member 'studio audience'
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Parenting around the...
- Figuring out why teens turn to pornography
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Losing weight with the...
- What it's like for a dad to raise a fencing...
- The Clean Cut: Retiring deputy's elevator...
- Figuring out why teens turn to pornography 13
- As 'Sesame Street' debuts on HBO, some... 2
- UTubers: Utah native stars as Sandy in... 1
- Amy Choate-Nielsen: Father's... 1
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Losing weight... 1
- Tangy orange shrimp dish that's quickly... 1
- What 'shared parenting' is and how it... 1
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Parenting... 1