Screenshot from IMDb.com
Lionsgate Entertainment issued a response July 12 to Orson Scott Card’s controversial comments regarding same-sex marriage. The company said that although it did not agree with Card’s opinions, the book and film “Ender’s Game” do not “reflect these views in any way, shape or form.”
In the statement, Lionsgate confirmed its commitment to the LGBT community and said it would host a benefit premiere for “Ender’s Game.”
“As proud longtime supporters of the LGBT community, champions of films ranging from 'Gods and Monsters' to 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower' and a company that is proud to have recognized same-sex unions and domestic partnerships within its employee benefits policies for many years, we obviously do not agree with the personal views of Orson Scott Card and those of the National Organization for Marriage. However, they are completely irrelevant to a discussion of 'Ender’s Game.' The simple fact is that neither the underlying book nor the film itself reflect these views in any way, shape or form. On the contrary, the film not only transports viewers to an entertaining and action-filled world, but it does so with positive and inspiring characters who ultimately deliver an ennobling and life-affirming message. Lionsgate will continue its longstanding commitment to the LGBT community by exploring new ways we can support LGBT causes and, as part of this ongoing process, will host a benefit premiere for 'Ender’s Game.'”
- The Clean Cut: Lucasfilm responds to...
- Power of Moms: The 21-day motherhood challenge
- How one woman unplugged from technology for...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- 11-year-old girl honors sick grandfather by...
- The Clean Cut: Children identify mom without...
- The Clean Cut: 12-year-old boy writes,...
- Erin Stewart: Are trampolines too dangerous...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 42
- Erin Stewart: Are trampolines too... 17
- Does being married bring you closer to... 7
- Nothing to frown about: 3 baby arrivals... 6
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view... 6
- How one woman unplugged from technology... 3
- The Clean Cut: Lucasfilm responds to... 3
- This couple lost their wedding location... 2