Screenshot from IMDb.com
Lionsgate Entertainment issued a response July 12 to Orson Scott Card’s controversial comments regarding same-sex marriage. The company said that although it did not agree with Card’s opinions, the book and film “Ender’s Game” do not “reflect these views in any way, shape or form.”
In the statement, Lionsgate confirmed its commitment to the LGBT community and said it would host a benefit premiere for “Ender’s Game.”
“As proud longtime supporters of the LGBT community, champions of films ranging from 'Gods and Monsters' to 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower' and a company that is proud to have recognized same-sex unions and domestic partnerships within its employee benefits policies for many years, we obviously do not agree with the personal views of Orson Scott Card and those of the National Organization for Marriage. However, they are completely irrelevant to a discussion of 'Ender’s Game.' The simple fact is that neither the underlying book nor the film itself reflect these views in any way, shape or form. On the contrary, the film not only transports viewers to an entertaining and action-filled world, but it does so with positive and inspiring characters who ultimately deliver an ennobling and life-affirming message. Lionsgate will continue its longstanding commitment to the LGBT community by exploring new ways we can support LGBT causes and, as part of this ongoing process, will host a benefit premiere for 'Ender’s Game.'”
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- Would you rather get married earlier, or stay...
- The Clean Cut: CBS News features boy with...
- The Clean Cut: 99-year-old woman sews nearly...
- Parenting advice that changed my life
- Erin Stewart: Parents: Stop pushing your...
- Where to see dinosaurs in Utah
- 60 things you might not know about your...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 53
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Basic assumptions... 34
- How to eat on just $4 a day 16
- Here's what you can do to protect your... 14
- Hey moms: Your neighbor's religion... 11
- Pediatricians' Rx for schools: Later... 5
- Parenting advice that changed my life 4
- The Clean Cut: 99-year-old woman sews... 4