Man arrested after impregnating 13-year-old he met on Facebook, Sandy police say
SANDY — A 24-year-old man who police say had a sexual "relationship" with a 13-year-old girl he met on Facebook and got her pregnant has been arrested.
Victor Steven Robinson, of Sandy, was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail Thursday for investigation of three counts of rape of a child.
Investigators say Robinson and a 13-year-old Salt Lake County girl "friended" each other on Facebook in November. Sandy Police Capt. John Eining did not know Friday who friended whom first or the circumstances surrounding how they met.
The two got together for the first time in May. They had sex at least three times since then and used heroin, according to Eining.
"Robinson injected her with heroin on multiple occasions, including all of the times he had sex with her," according to a Salt Lake County Jail report.
At some point, the teen became pregnant.
Eining said Sandy police became aware of the situation Thursday evening when they received a call from the Division of Child and Family Services and the Children's Justice Center.
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Fatal Draper house fire was intentionally...
- Mitt Romney talks pioneers, family tradition...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows 'deep...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 25
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 21
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 13
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9