Man arrested after impregnating 13-year-old he met on Facebook, Sandy police say
SANDY — A 24-year-old man who police say had a sexual "relationship" with a 13-year-old girl he met on Facebook and got her pregnant has been arrested.
Victor Steven Robinson, of Sandy, was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail Thursday for investigation of three counts of rape of a child.
Investigators say Robinson and a 13-year-old Salt Lake County girl "friended" each other on Facebook in November. Sandy Police Capt. John Eining did not know Friday who friended whom first or the circumstances surrounding how they met.
The two got together for the first time in May. They had sex at least three times since then and used heroin, according to Eining.
"Robinson injected her with heroin on multiple occasions, including all of the times he had sex with her," according to a Salt Lake County Jail report.
At some point, the teen became pregnant.
Eining said Sandy police became aware of the situation Thursday evening when they received a call from the Division of Child and Family Services and the Children's Justice Center.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Primary Children's Hospital chaplains laugh,...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18