Man arrested after impregnating 13-year-old he met on Facebook, Sandy police say
SANDY — A 24-year-old man who police say had a sexual "relationship" with a 13-year-old girl he met on Facebook and got her pregnant has been arrested.
Victor Steven Robinson, of Sandy, was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail Thursday for investigation of three counts of rape of a child.
Investigators say Robinson and a 13-year-old Salt Lake County girl "friended" each other on Facebook in November. Sandy Police Capt. John Eining did not know Friday who friended whom first or the circumstances surrounding how they met.
The two got together for the first time in May. They had sex at least three times since then and used heroin, according to Eining.
"Robinson injected her with heroin on multiple occasions, including all of the times he had sex with her," according to a Salt Lake County Jail report.
At some point, the teen became pregnant.
Eining said Sandy police became aware of the situation Thursday evening when they received a call from the Division of Child and Family Services and the Children's Justice Center.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Body in suitcase is not missing Provo woman,...
- Wedding put on hold after BYU student kicked...
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage' behind...
- 11 signs you're a Jeep driver
- Opposing sides of same-sex marriage... 125
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- Stewart, Bishop launch group to take... 37
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 21
- 2 Utah chiefs with Baltimore ties say... 19
- Provo businessman declines push to run... 19