SANDY — A 24-year-old man who police say had a sexual "relationship" with a 13-year-old girl he met on Facebook and got her pregnant has been arrested.
Victor Steven Robinson, of Sandy, was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail Thursday for investigation of three counts of rape of a child.
Investigators say Robinson and a 13-year-old Salt Lake County girl "friended" each other on Facebook in November. Sandy Police Capt. John Eining did not know Friday who friended whom first or the circumstances surrounding how they met.
The two got together for the first time in May. They had sex at least three times since then and used heroin, according to Eining.
"Robinson injected her with heroin on multiple occasions, including all of the times he had sex with her," according to a Salt Lake County Jail report.
At some point, the teen became pregnant.
Eining said Sandy police became aware of the situation Thursday evening when they received a call from the Division of Child and Family Services and the Children's Justice Center.
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- Study: Fathers as likely as mothers to kill...
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove garage;...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 97
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 74
- Utah attorney general encourages... 57
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24
- Moab's dilemma: Can recreation coexist... 23
- Southern Utah left wanting for water 11