Man arrested after impregnating 13-year-old he met on Facebook, Sandy police say
SANDY — A 24-year-old man who police say had a sexual "relationship" with a 13-year-old girl he met on Facebook and got her pregnant has been arrested.
Victor Steven Robinson, of Sandy, was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail Thursday for investigation of three counts of rape of a child.
Investigators say Robinson and a 13-year-old Salt Lake County girl "friended" each other on Facebook in November. Sandy Police Capt. John Eining did not know Friday who friended whom first or the circumstances surrounding how they met.
The two got together for the first time in May. They had sex at least three times since then and used heroin, according to Eining.
"Robinson injected her with heroin on multiple occasions, including all of the times he had sex with her," according to a Salt Lake County Jail report.
At some point, the teen became pregnant.
Eining said Sandy police became aware of the situation Thursday evening when they received a call from the Division of Child and Family Services and the Children's Justice Center.
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- Draper house explodes into flames,...
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Deseret News Classic: Marathon, half...
- Levan wildfire burns 'well over 1,000' acres...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 16
- Union Pacific train makes special... 15
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 15
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 14
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 13