SALT LAKE CITY — One person was arrested and police were looking for at least one other Friday following a reported shootout outside a downtown club.
Just after 9 p.m. Thursday, officers were called to the parking lot of Club One, 180 W. 400 South, on a report of a man with a gun. Officers heard shots fired just as they were arriving, said Salt Lake police detective Veronica Montoya.
Detectives believe two men exchanged shots, she said. No one was injured.
When police arrived at the parking lot, one vehicle tried to back out and leave in a hurry. That vehicle was stopped and Omar Flores Navarro, 23, was arrested for investigation of aggravated assault and discharging a firearm in city limits. A gun was recovered, Montoya said.
The search for the second alleged gunman continued Friday. Montoya said there were several witnesses to the incident.
Anyone with information can call police at 801-799-3000.
— Pat Reavy
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Police investigating man who barricaded...
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery store...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor LaVoy...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Bountiful man charged with murder in death of...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 53
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 19
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 14
- Should scientists be allowed to change... 10