SALT LAKE CITY — One person was arrested and police were looking for at least one other Friday following a reported shootout outside a downtown club.
Just after 9 p.m. Thursday, officers were called to the parking lot of Club One, 180 W. 400 South, on a report of a man with a gun. Officers heard shots fired just as they were arriving, said Salt Lake police detective Veronica Montoya.
Detectives believe two men exchanged shots, she said. No one was injured.
When police arrived at the parking lot, one vehicle tried to back out and leave in a hurry. That vehicle was stopped and Omar Flores Navarro, 23, was arrested for investigation of aggravated assault and discharging a firearm in city limits. A gun was recovered, Montoya said.
The search for the second alleged gunman continued Friday. Montoya said there were several witnesses to the incident.
Anyone with information can call police at 801-799-3000.
— Pat Reavy
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Part police cruiser, part taxi,...
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10