SALT LAKE CITY — One person was arrested and police were looking for at least one other Friday following a reported shootout outside a downtown club.
Just after 9 p.m. Thursday, officers were called to the parking lot of Club One, 180 W. 400 South, on a report of a man with a gun. Officers heard shots fired just as they were arriving, said Salt Lake police detective Veronica Montoya.
Detectives believe two men exchanged shots, she said. No one was injured.
When police arrived at the parking lot, one vehicle tried to back out and leave in a hurry. That vehicle was stopped and Omar Flores Navarro, 23, was arrested for investigation of aggravated assault and discharging a firearm in city limits. A gun was recovered, Montoya said.
The search for the second alleged gunman continued Friday. Montoya said there were several witnesses to the incident.
Anyone with information can call police at 801-799-3000.
— Pat Reavy
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- West Jordan, Murray residents search for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22