SALT LAKE CITY — One person was arrested and police were looking for at least one other Friday following a reported shootout outside a downtown club.
Just after 9 p.m. Thursday, officers were called to the parking lot of Club One, 180 W. 400 South, on a report of a man with a gun. Officers heard shots fired just as they were arriving, said Salt Lake police detective Veronica Montoya.
Detectives believe two men exchanged shots, she said. No one was injured.
When police arrived at the parking lot, one vehicle tried to back out and leave in a hurry. That vehicle was stopped and Omar Flores Navarro, 23, was arrested for investigation of aggravated assault and discharging a firearm in city limits. A gun was recovered, Montoya said.
The search for the second alleged gunman continued Friday. Montoya said there were several witnesses to the incident.
Anyone with information can call police at 801-799-3000.
— Pat Reavy
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- Cyclist killed on training run after...
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more in wake...
- American Fork cyclist killed during training...
- Boy, 3, killed in Lehi scooter accident
- President Obama to make first trip to... 114
- Obama expected to stay overnight in... 59
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 42
- School leaders look for solutions to... 26
- Cyclist killed on training run after... 23
- A river runs dry: Water and the future... 16
- San Diego woman wins damages against... 16
- Man who crashed truck into house... 12