SALT LAKE CITY — One person was arrested and police were looking for at least one other Friday following a reported shootout outside a downtown club.
Just after 9 p.m. Thursday, officers were called to the parking lot of Club One, 180 W. 400 South, on a report of a man with a gun. Officers heard shots fired just as they were arriving, said Salt Lake police detective Veronica Montoya.
Detectives believe two men exchanged shots, she said. No one was injured.
When police arrived at the parking lot, one vehicle tried to back out and leave in a hurry. That vehicle was stopped and Omar Flores Navarro, 23, was arrested for investigation of aggravated assault and discharging a firearm in city limits. A gun was recovered, Montoya said.
The search for the second alleged gunman continued Friday. Montoya said there were several witnesses to the incident.
Anyone with information can call police at 801-799-3000.
— Pat Reavy
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay...
- Wanted Layton man dies in New Mexico plane crash
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Duct tape prom attire earns Utah teens $5,000...
- Alleged sexual abuser on the run for 17 years...
- Salt Lake City mayor's spokesman placed on...
- Doug Robinson: Weber State track coach isn't...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 303
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 142
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 109
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 77
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 68
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 46
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 46
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 36