Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Volunteers are needed to help celebrate the grand opening of the new Salt Lake City Public Safety Building.
The facility located at 300 East and 500 South will be home to city's police and fire departments, Emergency Operations Center and the new, combined 911 dispatch.
The building will be open to the public July 20-27, and volunteers can help greet and guide visitors. Shifts are available between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. each day. No experience is necessary and all training will be provided.
Contact Savannah, city volunteer coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-535-6202.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 66
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 30
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18