Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Volunteers are needed to help celebrate the grand opening of the new Salt Lake City Public Safety Building.
The facility located at 300 East and 500 South will be home to city's police and fire departments, Emergency Operations Center and the new, combined 911 dispatch.
The building will be open to the public July 20-27, and volunteers can help greet and guide visitors. Shifts are available between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. each day. No experience is necessary and all training will be provided.
Contact Savannah, city volunteer coordinator, at email@example.com or call 801-535-6202.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding' with...
- Republican, Democratic political... 37
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for... 13