Utah Blaze in position to play spoiler against Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA — The Utah Blaze are positioned to try and play the role of spoiler against the heavily favored Philadelphia Soul in a late-season out-of-conference AFL game.
The Blaze (5-10) are trying to upend Philadelphia’s five-game winning streak after the Soul handled Chicago 58-26. For the second-straight season Philadelphia (10-5) has already clinched the East Division. Kickoff is scheduled for 5:35 p.m. Friday at the Wells Fargo Center.
Behind quarterback Dan Raudabaugh, who holds the highest passing efficiency rating in the league, Philadelphia ranks fourth in total offense (306.3 ypg). Raudabaugh has thrown for 4,057 yards and 81 touchdowns compared to only nine interceptions. His main target is Tiger Jones, who has caught 131 passes for 1,942 yards and 33 touchdowns.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Utah Jazz pick up rare road win against Miami...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 43
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 35
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25