Utah Blaze in position to play spoiler against Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA — The Utah Blaze are positioned to try and play the role of spoiler against the heavily favored Philadelphia Soul in a late-season out-of-conference AFL game.
The Blaze (5-10) are trying to upend Philadelphia’s five-game winning streak after the Soul handled Chicago 58-26. For the second-straight season Philadelphia (10-5) has already clinched the East Division. Kickoff is scheduled for 5:35 p.m. Friday at the Wells Fargo Center.
Behind quarterback Dan Raudabaugh, who holds the highest passing efficiency rating in the league, Philadelphia ranks fourth in total offense (306.3 ypg). Raudabaugh has thrown for 4,057 yards and 81 touchdowns compared to only nine interceptions. His main target is Tiger Jones, who has caught 131 passes for 1,942 yards and 33 touchdowns.
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 55
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48