The average American working in the private sector receives about 10 days of paid vacation and six paid holidays per year.
In comparison to other advanced countries, that places workers in the United States dead last for vacation time.
Even with the little vacation time many Americans enjoy, planning and executing a vacation is complicated with a busy work schedule. That's why it can be so hard to disconnect from work, even on vacation.
For those looking for a quick and clean getaway this summer, financial budgeting site Mint.com has released a new infographic that displays its favorite last-minute travel tips for the ready vacationer.
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- The 10 most livable small towns
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- There's a video for that: How YouTube brings...
- Remodeling? Experts say some projects add to...
- All families need to have the financial 'talk'
- Plan to simplify 2015 health renewals may...
- Closet clutter: How having fewer,...
- Most American high schoolers don't know... 14
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 13
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 10
- Does getting married really increase... 8
- Remodeling? Experts say some projects... 5
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of... 4
- Sneaky tricks restaurants use to make... 3