The average American working in the private sector receives about 10 days of paid vacation and six paid holidays per year.
In comparison to other advanced countries, that places workers in the United States dead last for vacation time.
Even with the little vacation time many Americans enjoy, planning and executing a vacation is complicated with a busy work schedule. That's why it can be so hard to disconnect from work, even on vacation.
For those looking for a quick and clean getaway this summer, financial budgeting site Mint.com has released a new infographic that displays its favorite last-minute travel tips for the ready vacationer.
- 5 ways to prevent an unhappy retirement
- 'Caregiving' it all: When taking care of mom...
- Black Friday's biggest sellers
- Insurance agents feeling left out of "Obamacare"
- Are extended warranties on gadgets worth the...
- Sherry Young: Credit card debt can diminish...
- 7 in 10 will need long-term care, ready or not
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday items
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low 10
- Most US workers unprepared to meet... 7
- Are extended warranties on gadgets... 7
- 'Caregiving' it all: When taking care... 5
- Insurance agents feeling left out of... 2
- Sherry Young: Credit card debt can... 2
- 5 ways to prevent an unhappy retirement 2
- European Union fines global banks $2.3... 1