SALT LAKE CITY — TechMedia Network will expand its Ogden-based offices, creating 75 new jobs, the Governor’s Office of Economic Development has announced.
Over the 10-year life of the agreement with the state, the company will pay out nearly $33 million in new state wages. All of the incented jobs will pay at least 125 percent of the county’s average annual wage, including benefits.
Throughout the life of the agreement, TechMedia will pay approximately $3 million in new state taxes and invest $3.4 million in capital expansion at its Weber County headquarters.
“We’re thrilled to be expanding our presence in Utah and to take full advantage of the highly skilled workforce the state has to offer,” said Doug Llewellyn, chief operating officer for TechMedia. “As we continue to invest in and grow our company Utah will remain a mainstay of our operations and a cornerstone of our growth.”
TechMedia Network produces original tech and science content for businesses and consumers through websites such as TopTenReviews, Tom’s Hardware, LAPTOP, Space.com and several other online properties. The company produces hundreds of original videos, news stories, product reviews and reference articles daily.
The GOED board of directors has approved a $610,254 Economic Development Tax Increment Finance post-performance refundable tax credit for TechMedia.
— Jasen Lee
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Community rallies for Kamas family after...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 80
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 33
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 18
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 15
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13