SALT LAKE CITY — TechMedia Network will expand its Ogden-based offices, creating 75 new jobs, the Governor’s Office of Economic Development has announced.
Over the 10-year life of the agreement with the state, the company will pay out nearly $33 million in new state wages. All of the incented jobs will pay at least 125 percent of the county’s average annual wage, including benefits.
Throughout the life of the agreement, TechMedia will pay approximately $3 million in new state taxes and invest $3.4 million in capital expansion at its Weber County headquarters.
“We’re thrilled to be expanding our presence in Utah and to take full advantage of the highly skilled workforce the state has to offer,” said Doug Llewellyn, chief operating officer for TechMedia. “As we continue to invest in and grow our company Utah will remain a mainstay of our operations and a cornerstone of our growth.”
TechMedia Network produces original tech and science content for businesses and consumers through websites such as TopTenReviews, Tom’s Hardware, LAPTOP, Space.com and several other online properties. The company produces hundreds of original videos, news stories, product reviews and reference articles daily.
The GOED board of directors has approved a $610,254 Economic Development Tax Increment Finance post-performance refundable tax credit for TechMedia.
— Jasen Lee
- What Utah voters need to know for the 2016...
- UTA offers late TRAX, S-Line service for Utah...
- Dam project forces closure of Tibble Fork area
- Two arrested for allegedly siccing pit bull...
- Changes to TRAX gates being made at 2 U....
- USU professors receive $5.8M in Nuclear...
- ‘My Story Matters’ gives refugees...
- Fire forces evacuation of 185 Pine Valley homes
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 28
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 19