SALT LAKE CITY — TechMedia Network will expand its Ogden-based offices, creating 75 new jobs, the Governor’s Office of Economic Development has announced.
Over the 10-year life of the agreement with the state, the company will pay out nearly $33 million in new state wages. All of the incented jobs will pay at least 125 percent of the county’s average annual wage, including benefits.
Throughout the life of the agreement, TechMedia will pay approximately $3 million in new state taxes and invest $3.4 million in capital expansion at its Weber County headquarters.
“We’re thrilled to be expanding our presence in Utah and to take full advantage of the highly skilled workforce the state has to offer,” said Doug Llewellyn, chief operating officer for TechMedia. “As we continue to invest in and grow our company Utah will remain a mainstay of our operations and a cornerstone of our growth.”
TechMedia Network produces original tech and science content for businesses and consumers through websites such as TopTenReviews, Tom’s Hardware, LAPTOP, Space.com and several other online properties. The company produces hundreds of original videos, news stories, product reviews and reference articles daily.
The GOED board of directors has approved a $610,254 Economic Development Tax Increment Finance post-performance refundable tax credit for TechMedia.
— Jasen Lee
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 84
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 27
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 25
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 16