"Pacific Rim" three points for parents:
Violence: Giant alien monsters are fighting giant man-made robots. Yes, there is violence, but it is very much in a fantasy realm. Some hand-to-hand combat takes place, sometimes due to anger and other times for evaluation.
Gore: The alien monsters could scare smaller children, as they tend to appear from nowhere. Also, they are very large and loud. Some weapons cut into the aliens and there are alien body parts that are seen.
Language: Only a few instances of profanity occur, one after the credits.
Shawn O'Neill is the Family Man Movie Reviewer. You can see his reviews at http://familymanmovieblog.blogspot.com/.
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- Would you rather get married earlier, or stay...
- The Clean Cut: 99-year-old woman sews nearly...
- Parenting advice that changed my life
- The Clean Cut: CBS News features boy with...
- Erin Stewart: Parents: Stop pushing your...
- 60 things you might not know about your...
- Where to see dinosaurs in Utah
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 53
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Basic assumptions... 34
- How to eat on just $4 a day 16
- Here's what you can do to protect your... 14
- Hey moms: Your neighbor's religion... 11
- Pediatricians' Rx for schools: Later... 5
- Parenting advice that changed my life 4
- The Clean Cut: 99-year-old woman sews... 4