Outdoor movies: Utah will celebrate 20 years of 'The Sandlot' this summer
"Avengers," West Jordan Movie in the Park Series, Veterans Memorial Park, 1985 W. 7800 S., West Jordan; free. 143 minutes; PG-13 (intense sequences of sci-fi violence and action throughout, and a mild drug reference) (wjordan.com)
Aug. 17, dusk:
Aug. 21, dusk:
"Little Miss Sunshine," Sundance Institute Summer Series, Red Butte Gardens Amphitheatre, 300 Wakara Way, free. 101 minutes; R (language, some sex and drug content) (801-585-0556 or redbuttegarden.org)
Aug. 23, dusk:
"Enchanted," Millcreek Movie Nights Series, Canyon Rim Park, 2900 E. 3100 S., free. 107 minutes; PG (some scary images and mild innuendo) (www.millcreektownship.org)
"Life of Pi," Sights & Sounds of Summer Series, Heritage Park, 10800 S. Redwood Rd., South Jordan; free. 127 minutes; PG (emotional thematic content throughout, and some scary action sequences and peril) (801-254-3742 or sjc.utah.gov)
Aug. 28, dusk:
Aug. 30, dusk:
"Hotel Transylvania," Sandy Movies in the Park Series, Eastridge Park, 12000 S. 1000 E., Sandy; free. 91 minutes; PG (some rude humor, action and scary images) (sandy.utah.gov)
Sept. 4, dusk:
TBA community choice, Sundance Institute Summer Series, Red Butte Gardens Amphitheatre, 300 Wakara Way, free. (801-585-0556 or redbuttegarden.org)
Sept. 11, dusk:
Silent Movie Festival, Sandy Movies in the Park Series, Sandy Amphitheater, 9400 S. 1300 E., Sandy; free. (sandy.utah.gov)
Sept. 20, dusk:
"Hotel Transylvania," Riverton Movies in the Park Series, Riverton City Hall Park, 12830 S. 1830 W., Riverton; free. 91 minutes; PG (some rude humor, action and scary images) (recreation.rivertoncity.com)
"Wreck-It Ralph," Sandy Movies in the Park Series, Falcon Park, 9200 S. 1700 E., Sandy; free. 108 minutes; PG (some rude humor and mild action/violence) (sandy.utah.gov)
- Doug Robinson: Why this mother of four is my...
- The Clean Cut: Lindsey Stirling performs on...
- Chris Hicks: Movies to watch over the 24th of...
- Life lessons keep coming from Star Trek after...
- Campy thrills abound in jump scare-heavy...
- Utah fans, bookstores prepare to celebrate...
- Five for Families: Films that show Western,...
- Chris Hicks: ‘Batman v Superman’...
- Doug Robinson: Why this mother of four... 5
- Chris Hicks: Movies to watch over the... 3
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 3
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: I know what... 2
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's... 2
- After 8 years with no 'true increase'... 2
- Life lessons keep coming from Star Trek... 1
- Bountiful Handcart Days Parade brings... 1