A celebration will be held July 20, 10 a.m.-11:30 p.m., at the original Sandlot location, between Navajo Street and Glenrose Drive in Glendale. The celebration will include a carnival at 2 p.m., autographs at 6 p.m., a Q-and-A session with the cast at 8:30 p.m. and a screening of "The Sandlot" at 9:30 p.m. Tickets are free and will be available starting July 15 at select sponsor locations. There will be a limit of two tickets per person.
"The Sandlot" is one of many outdoor movies to be shown this summer in Utah.
July 12, dusk:
"Cool Runnings," Family Flicks Series, Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort, Highway 210 Little Cottonwood Canyon, Snowbird; free. 98 minutes; PG (mild language and brief violence) (801-933-2222 or snowbird.com)
"Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted," Riverton Movies in the Park Series, Canyonview Park, 4400 W. 12200 S., Riverton; free. 93 minutes; PG (some mild action and rude humor) (recreation.rivertoncity.com)
July 13, dusk:
July 15, dusk:
July 18, dusk:
"Rise of the Guardians," Blockbuster Movies Under the Stars Series, Draper Amphitheater, 944 E. Vestry Road, Draper; free. 97 minutes; PG (thematic elements and some mildly scary action) (draper.ut.us)
July 19, dusk:
"A League of Their Own," Friday Night Flicks, Wasatch Hollow, 1700 S. 1650 East, free. 128 minutes; PG (language) (slc.gov.com)
"Madagascar 3," West Jordan Movie in the Park Series, Veterans Memorial Park, 1985 W. 7800 South, West Jordan; free. 93 minutes; PG (some mild action and rude humor) (wjordan.com)
July 22, dusk:
July 26, dusk:
"Mrs. Doubtfire," Family Flicks Series, Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort, Highway 210 Little Cottonwood Canyon, Snowbird; free. 125 minutes; PG-13 (some sexual references) (801-933-2222 or snowbird.com)
- Salt Lake's record-setting convention kicks...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- Appeals judges question right to sue in...
- Can you name the celebrity voices behind...
- Bubba Watson, two-time Masters Golf...
- Elizabeth Smart talks forgiveness and...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir to carry on tradition...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Tipping points: Is the...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Tipping points:... 36
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Elizabeth Smart talks forgiveness and... 24
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 18
- Wright Words: Despite horrific fire,... 12
- Judge set to issue key Ohio gay... 11
- 'Heaven is for Real' delivers a... 9
- Get married, stay married? No fault... 9