A celebration will be held July 20, 10 a.m.-11:30 p.m., at the original Sandlot location, between Navajo Street and Glenrose Drive in Glendale. The celebration will include a carnival at 2 p.m., autographs at 6 p.m., a Q-and-A session with the cast at 8:30 p.m. and a screening of "The Sandlot" at 9:30 p.m. Tickets are free and will be available starting July 15 at select sponsor locations. There will be a limit of two tickets per person.
"The Sandlot" is one of many outdoor movies to be shown this summer in Utah.
July 12, dusk:
"Cool Runnings," Family Flicks Series, Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort, Highway 210 Little Cottonwood Canyon, Snowbird; free. 98 minutes; PG (mild language and brief violence) (801-933-2222 or snowbird.com)
"Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted," Riverton Movies in the Park Series, Canyonview Park, 4400 W. 12200 S., Riverton; free. 93 minutes; PG (some mild action and rude humor) (recreation.rivertoncity.com)
July 13, dusk:
July 15, dusk:
July 18, dusk:
"Rise of the Guardians," Blockbuster Movies Under the Stars Series, Draper Amphitheater, 944 E. Vestry Road, Draper; free. 97 minutes; PG (thematic elements and some mildly scary action) (draper.ut.us)
July 19, dusk:
"A League of Their Own," Friday Night Flicks, Wasatch Hollow, 1700 S. 1650 East, free. 128 minutes; PG (language) (slc.gov.com)
"Madagascar 3," West Jordan Movie in the Park Series, Veterans Memorial Park, 1985 W. 7800 South, West Jordan; free. 93 minutes; PG (some mild action and rude humor) (wjordan.com)
July 22, dusk:
July 26, dusk:
"Mrs. Doubtfire," Family Flicks Series, Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort, Highway 210 Little Cottonwood Canyon, Snowbird; free. 125 minutes; PG-13 (some sexual references) (801-933-2222 or snowbird.com)
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and Winston...
- Toddler basketball star, 'Trick-Shot-Titus,'...
- Flu season off and running in Utah; H1N1...
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did not win'...
- Families celebrate Christmas traditions as...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Genealogy: A journal has many uses
- Holiday video game guide: Something for...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 117
- Federal website fixes allowing more... 44
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday... 16
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and... 10
- 'Sound of Music' hit a high note for... 8
- The Killers collaborates with Owen... 7
- Saving Africa? New book casts harsh... 6
- 'Caregiving' it all: When taking care... 5