Ravell Call, Deseret News
With names such as McMahon, Detmer, Bosco and Young at the helm, BYU has long been known for its aerial attack. For that reason, many seem to forget how many great rushers the Cougars have had over the years. Now that Robert Anae is once again offensive coordinator, there could be many more.
With that in mind, today we take a look back and rank the 15 best rushers in BYU history.
Yards, touchdowns and yards per carry were a few factors in this ranking, but I also looked at style and substance, power and speed, nimbleness and the ability to break tackles. This list is meant to be based only on a player’s ability as a rusher and not his total game.
There are more than just running backs that make this list. Restricting the ranking would short-change the great running quarterbacks at BYU. A list like this is not complete without them.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 106
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27