Wal-Mart employee fired after reporting dog left in hot truck
"A former employee of Wal-mart in Kemptville, Ont., says she was fired for confronting a customer who left a dog in a truck on a hot day this week," according to CBC News reports
Carla Cheney told CBC News that she saw a man put a dog in his truck and roll up the window, leaving about an inch open. He then went inside.
"I said, 'Is this really happening? I'm going to give him about five or 10 minutes and then I'm going to call the police,’” Cheney told CBC.
After he didn't return in the allotted time frame, she dialed 911. An officer came and wrote down his license plate number and entered the store to look for him.
Editor's Note: The original version of this story posted on July 11, 2013, failed to properly follow our editorial policies. The story was shortened on Oct. 8, 2013, to fall within our editorial guidelines for aggregation.
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say they’re...
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in Germany...
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says violated its...
- Officer charged with murder in teen's death;...
- Donald Trump says he'd bring back waterboarding
- Group raised suspicions before 5 were shot at...
- Minneapolis police say 5 shot near protest scene
- They put the giving in Thanksgiving
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say... 46
- Trump says he saw people celebrating... 38
- Carson tops new poll of Utah voters 29
- Donald Trump says he'd bring back... 25
- Kerry: US trying to speed up efforts to... 23
- Terrorism propaganda assignment causes... 15
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says... 14
- New school lunch regulations could turn... 12