Wal-Mart employee fired after reporting dog left in hot truck
"A former employee of Wal-mart in Kemptville, Ont., says she was fired for confronting a customer who left a dog in a truck on a hot day this week," according to CBC News reports
Carla Cheney told CBC News that she saw a man put a dog in his truck and roll up the window, leaving about an inch open. He then went inside.
"I said, 'Is this really happening? I'm going to give him about five or 10 minutes and then I'm going to call the police,’” Cheney told CBC.
After he didn't return in the allotted time frame, she dialed 911. An officer came and wrote down his license plate number and entered the store to look for him.
Editor's Note: The original version of this story posted on July 11, 2013, failed to properly follow our editorial policies. The story was shortened on Oct. 8, 2013, to fall within our editorial guidelines for aggregation.
- Texas' Perry says disparaging tweet unauthorized
- Ben Barnes, Katherine Heigl in tune in...
- Lawmakers: Islamic State groups wants to hit US
- 'Guardians' stays atop cinemas amid worst...
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common Core,...
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh Hewitt...
- US trained Alaskans as secret 'stay-behind...
- House, Senate intel chiefs press White House...
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in... 16
- House, Senate intel chiefs press White... 16
- Saudi king says terrorists will reach... 13
- It's about time the government... 12
- Freelancers and millennials help usher... 11
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 11
- Is James Foley a martyr? A brutal death... 9