Wal-Mart employee fired after reporting dog left in hot truck
"A former employee of Wal-mart in Kemptville, Ont., says she was fired for confronting a customer who left a dog in a truck on a hot day this week," according to CBC News reports
Carla Cheney told CBC News that she saw a man put a dog in his truck and roll up the window, leaving about an inch open. He then went inside.
"I said, 'Is this really happening? I'm going to give him about five or 10 minutes and then I'm going to call the police,’” Cheney told CBC.
After he didn't return in the allotted time frame, she dialed 911. An officer came and wrote down his license plate number and entered the store to look for him.
Editor's Note: The original version of this story posted on July 11, 2013, failed to properly follow our editorial policies. The story was shortened on Oct. 8, 2013, to fall within our editorial guidelines for aggregation.
- Here's a quiz to test your Star Wars...
- 5 faith facts about Ben Carson: retired...
- Britain's new princess can't expect...
- The Latest on prophet cartoon case: 1 man's...
- Report highlights earth-shattering increases...
- LA man builds small home for homeless lady
- Defending the Faith: Going up to Jerusalem
- Defeated boxer Pacquiao keeps faith, as do...
- Rage to relief in Baltimore as 6... 40
- Former tech executive Carly Fiorina... 19
- More Americans spending at least half... 15
- 5 faith facts about Ben Carson: retired... 15
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Famed neurosurgeon Ben Carson announces... 11
- Latest on police-custody death: 53... 9
- Clinton agrees to testify on Benghazi,... 8