Wal-Mart employee fired after reporting dog left in hot truck
"A former employee of Wal-mart in Kemptville, Ont., says she was fired for confronting a customer who left a dog in a truck on a hot day this week," according to CBC News reports
Carla Cheney told CBC News that she saw a man put a dog in his truck and roll up the window, leaving about an inch open. He then went inside.
"I said, 'Is this really happening? I'm going to give him about five or 10 minutes and then I'm going to call the police,’” Cheney told CBC.
After he didn't return in the allotted time frame, she dialed 911. An officer came and wrote down his license plate number and entered the store to look for him.
Editor's Note: The original version of this story posted on July 11, 2013, failed to properly follow our editorial policies. The story was shortened on Oct. 8, 2013, to fall within our editorial guidelines for aggregation.
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a threat to...
- Striking or spanking a child is not a...
- Trial opens for Detroit officer who killed...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Yellen says US families need to boost savings
- PepsiCo latest sponsor to voice NFL concern
- Here's why church choirs are dying
- Ex-VA doctor: Phoenix report a 'whitewash'
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 27
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 19
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a... 14
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 12
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 12
- School police stock up on free military... 11
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 9
- US won't rule out working with Iran... 7