Wal-Mart employee fired after reporting dog left in hot truck
"A former employee of Wal-mart in Kemptville, Ont., says she was fired for confronting a customer who left a dog in a truck on a hot day this week," according to CBC News reports
Carla Cheney told CBC News that she saw a man put a dog in his truck and roll up the window, leaving about an inch open. He then went inside.
"I said, 'Is this really happening? I'm going to give him about five or 10 minutes and then I'm going to call the police,’” Cheney told CBC.
After he didn't return in the allotted time frame, she dialed 911. An officer came and wrote down his license plate number and entered the store to look for him.
Editor's Note: The original version of this story posted on July 11, 2013, failed to properly follow our editorial policies. The story was shortened on Oct. 8, 2013, to fall within our editorial guidelines for aggregation.
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host a...
- US diplomats barred from ice bucket challenge
- Romney casts Arkansas race as way to fight Obama
- Obama vows justice for killers of U.S....
- Twitter tries to block images of James Foley...
- A tough label to chew on: What does...
- Federal judge: Florida gay-marriage ban...
- This week in history: The western Roman...
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host... 106
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with... 26
- Police, protesters collide again in... 25
- Obama vows justice for killers of U.S.... 24
- Texas Gov. Perry assembles high-powered... 23
- Obama heading back to DC in rare... 21
- Allow student loan bankruptcies,... 17
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in... 14