Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — To encourage more participation in energy-efficiency projects, Rocky Mountain Power has consolidated its existing programs for Utah businesses into a single efficiency program known as wattsmart Business.
The company also has expanded customer options and increased its incentives for certain efficiency improvements. The changes were approved by the Utah Public Service Commission and became effective July 1.
“Utah business customers now have a more streamlined process and additional opportunities to make energy efficiency improvements that can achieve significant savings year after year,” said Carol Hunter, Rocky Mountain Power vice president. “Saving energy conserves natural resources and helps keep electricity costs low for all customers.”
Through wattsmart Business, customers can receive technical expertise and cash incentives to improve their energy efficiency. Businesses are encouraged to visit wattsmart.com or call any time, toll free at 1-800-222-4335.
The changes include increases in incentives for nonlighting custom measures, which increased from 12 cents to 15 cents per kilowatt-hour; and incentives will now be capped at 70 percent of a project’s cost, up from 50 percent.
Through participation in energy-efficiency programs in 2012, Rocky Mountain Power’s residential and business customers combined saved more than 244,800 megawatt-hours of electricity, creating benefits equivalent to powering more than 23,000 homes for a year.
For more available incentives and changes, visit wattsmart.com
- Teen accused of murdering neighbor now...
- One man electrocuted, 2 others injured in...
- ACT scores, 2015: A breakdown of each state,...
- Police identify man killed in I-80 rollover
- 9 of the worst things you can do to your...
- ‘Jackie & Ryan’ showcases beauty...
- Police working to identify boys who left...
- Utah Highway Patrol trooper shot multiple...
- Poll: Utahns would take Donald Trump... 76
- Planned Parenthood draws support,... 70
- GOP presidential candidate Jeb Bush has... 28
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 24
- Commissioner wants new trial as feds... 19
- Teen accused of murdering neighbor now... 17
- Herriman residents upset rehab facility... 13
- Stolen identity: Congressman Jason... 12