Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — To encourage more participation in energy-efficiency projects, Rocky Mountain Power has consolidated its existing programs for Utah businesses into a single efficiency program known as wattsmart Business.
The company also has expanded customer options and increased its incentives for certain efficiency improvements. The changes were approved by the Utah Public Service Commission and became effective July 1.
“Utah business customers now have a more streamlined process and additional opportunities to make energy efficiency improvements that can achieve significant savings year after year,” said Carol Hunter, Rocky Mountain Power vice president. “Saving energy conserves natural resources and helps keep electricity costs low for all customers.”
Through wattsmart Business, customers can receive technical expertise and cash incentives to improve their energy efficiency. Businesses are encouraged to visit wattsmart.com or call any time, toll free at 1-800-222-4335.
The changes include increases in incentives for nonlighting custom measures, which increased from 12 cents to 15 cents per kilowatt-hour; and incentives will now be capped at 70 percent of a project’s cost, up from 50 percent.
Through participation in energy-efficiency programs in 2012, Rocky Mountain Power’s residential and business customers combined saved more than 244,800 megawatt-hours of electricity, creating benefits equivalent to powering more than 23,000 homes for a year.
For more available incentives and changes, visit wattsmart.com
- Community rallies for Kamas family after...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- West Nile activity discovered in four Utah...
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising concerns...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Ogden police shoot dog that was allegedly...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 44
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 21
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 18
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Union Pacific train makes special... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12