Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — To encourage more participation in energy-efficiency projects, Rocky Mountain Power has consolidated its existing programs for Utah businesses into a single efficiency program known as wattsmart Business.
The company also has expanded customer options and increased its incentives for certain efficiency improvements. The changes were approved by the Utah Public Service Commission and became effective July 1.
“Utah business customers now have a more streamlined process and additional opportunities to make energy efficiency improvements that can achieve significant savings year after year,” said Carol Hunter, Rocky Mountain Power vice president. “Saving energy conserves natural resources and helps keep electricity costs low for all customers.”
Through wattsmart Business, customers can receive technical expertise and cash incentives to improve their energy efficiency. Businesses are encouraged to visit wattsmart.com or call any time, toll free at 1-800-222-4335.
The changes include increases in incentives for nonlighting custom measures, which increased from 12 cents to 15 cents per kilowatt-hour; and incentives will now be capped at 70 percent of a project’s cost, up from 50 percent.
Through participation in energy-efficiency programs in 2012, Rocky Mountain Power’s residential and business customers combined saved more than 244,800 megawatt-hours of electricity, creating benefits equivalent to powering more than 23,000 homes for a year.
For more available incentives and changes, visit wattsmart.com
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Police investigating man who barricaded...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery store...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 52
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 19
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should scientists be allowed to change... 10