PROVO, Utah — Brigham Young University soccer will compete in its final home game this Friday, honoring senior defenders James Bindrup and Doug Clark.
The men’s soccer team will bring its season to a close with its last home game on July 12 at 7:30 MST. BYU is set to compete against the Ventura County Fusion at South Field on BYU campus. BYU has not seen the Ventura County Fusion since early in the season.
“It’s a great challenge for us,” head coach Chris Watkins said. “Ventura always has several players on their roster who are drafted into the Major League Soccer.”
Cougar seniors Bindrup and Clark will be honored before the game begins. Tickets cost $6 for adults and $5 for children and BYU students. Students can purchase tickets for $3 before the match starts. Friday’s game will also be streamed live on KSL and Deseret News for those who cannot attend.
The Cougars maintain a record of 5–6–1 (10–6–1 overall). BYU will play in one away game after Friday’s home match on Saturday, July 20, against FC Tuscon in Arizona. Follow the Cougars on Twitter (@byusoccer) for live updates during the game.
Brooke Arrington is a public relations major at Brigham Young University and the Public Relations Coordinator for the BYU mens' soccer team.
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- BYU jumps into national spotlight after big...
- BYU basketball analysis: How the Cougars held...
- Holmoe assesses the state of the program as...
- Mike Sorensen: How about a Utah-BYU matchup...
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- Photos: BYU welcomed by fans at Provo Airport
- Morning links: Is BYU now in the tournament?;...
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 106
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 64
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at... 27
- Mike Sorensen: How about a Utah-BYU... 27
- Holmoe assesses the state of the... 25
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in... 24
- BYU, Utah set for big Saturday games;... 24
- BYU jumps into national spotlight after... 20