PROVO, Utah — Brigham Young University soccer will compete in its final home game this Friday, honoring senior defenders James Bindrup and Doug Clark.
The men’s soccer team will bring its season to a close with its last home game on July 12 at 7:30 MST. BYU is set to compete against the Ventura County Fusion at South Field on BYU campus. BYU has not seen the Ventura County Fusion since early in the season.
“It’s a great challenge for us,” head coach Chris Watkins said. “Ventura always has several players on their roster who are drafted into the Major League Soccer.”
Cougar seniors Bindrup and Clark will be honored before the game begins. Tickets cost $6 for adults and $5 for children and BYU students. Students can purchase tickets for $3 before the match starts. Friday’s game will also be streamed live on KSL and Deseret News for those who cannot attend.
The Cougars maintain a record of 5–6–1 (10–6–1 overall). BYU will play in one away game after Friday’s home match on Saturday, July 20, against FC Tuscon in Arizona. Follow the Cougars on Twitter (@byusoccer) for live updates during the game.
Brooke Arrington is a public relations major at Brigham Young University and the Public Relations Coordinator for the BYU mens' soccer team.
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 56
- Dick Harmon: It's Taysom Hill time on... 28
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game... 26
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan... 25