PROVO, Utah — Brigham Young University soccer will compete in its final home game this Friday, honoring senior defenders James Bindrup and Doug Clark.
The men’s soccer team will bring its season to a close with its last home game on July 12 at 7:30 MST. BYU is set to compete against the Ventura County Fusion at South Field on BYU campus. BYU has not seen the Ventura County Fusion since early in the season.
“It’s a great challenge for us,” head coach Chris Watkins said. “Ventura always has several players on their roster who are drafted into the Major League Soccer.”
Cougar seniors Bindrup and Clark will be honored before the game begins. Tickets cost $6 for adults and $5 for children and BYU students. Students can purchase tickets for $3 before the match starts. Friday’s game will also be streamed live on KSL and Deseret News for those who cannot attend.
The Cougars maintain a record of 5–6–1 (10–6–1 overall). BYU will play in one away game after Friday’s home match on Saturday, July 20, against FC Tuscon in Arizona. Follow the Cougars on Twitter (@byusoccer) for live updates during the game.
Brooke Arrington is a public relations major at Brigham Young University and the Public Relations Coordinator for the BYU mens' soccer team.
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Dick Harmon: Execution, not words, will crown...
- Penn State sweeps BYU for a record seventh...
- BYU coach Shawn Olmstead provided calming...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Memphis looking to make most of bowl...
- BYU's seniors know trip won't be complete...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Penn State sweeps BYU for a record... 19
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off... 19
- Miracle Bowl, 34 years later: I don't... 17
- Stewart has brought back an identity... 16