Want a little peek of the movie “Austenland”?
The trailer for the light-hearted romantic comedy based on the book by Shannon Hale was released this week.
“Austenland” follows Colin Firth-as-Mr.-Darcy-obssessed Jane Hayes (Keri Russell) as she goes to England on a pricey Jane Austen immersion experience run by Mrs. Wattlesworth (Jane Seymour), which includes actors playing potential love interests and Regency-era activities around the grounds. What Jane — named Miss Erstwhile for the immersion experience — finds is a roller coaster of emotions as she navigates her expectations and her heart, attempting to figure out who is acting and who isn’t.
The cast also includes Jennifer Coolidge, James Callis, J.J. Feild, Georgia King, Ricky Whittle and Bret McKenzie. “Austenland” is directed by Jerusha Hess and produced by Stephenie Meyer and has been rated PG-13.
The book has been re-issued with a movie tie-in cover featuring Russell with Field and McKenzie. Hale wrote on her blog at squeetus.com: “The book cover I never in my wildest fantasies imagined.”
Sony, which picked up the distribution rights after it's screening at the Sundance Film Festival, has announced “Austenland” will open in New York and Los Angeles on Aug. 16. Other cities have yet to be announced.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: CTRappleye
- Film about man's crusade against child sex...
- Students test interactive experiences ahead...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' cast...
- Can you name the celebrity voices behind...
- Do moms need a purpose beyond motherhood?
- Urban farm teaches youth to work, give back...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir to carry on tradition...
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Elizabeth Smart talks forgiveness and... 24
- Get married, stay married? No fault... 14
- 'Heaven is for Real' delivers a... 9
- Do moms need a purpose beyond motherhood? 8
- How early is too early for education? 6
- Why daydreaming may be the next... 5
- Theater preview: Pioneer Theatre raises... 5