Ravell Call, Deseret News
PROVO — The Utah Valley Chamber of Commerce with the Young Entrepreneurs Academy and Utah County Academy of Sciences has announced it is sponsoring a program for young entrepreneurs in Utah Valley.
The YEA! Educational program takes participating students in grades six through 12 through the process of starting and running a real business. Applications for the program are available online. The deadline is Aug. 1
During the program, students work closely with local business leaders to cultivate and research business ideas, write a business plan, pitch their plan to a panel of investors to obtain funding, develop their brand, participate in a trade show at the end of the year, and actually launch their enterprise.
Prior business experience is not required. The after-school program will be held at the Utah County Academy of Sciences on the Utah Valley University campus on Thursdays from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. The YEA! academic year begins in October and ends in May. In addition, students will need to provide a current school transcript; provide a letter of recommendation written by a teacher, guidance counselor, religious or community leader; provide a written essay; pay a $10 application fee; and participate in a personal interview.
The program will be implemented through local schools including higher education institutions.
More information is available on the Utah Valley Chamber YEA Facebook page.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14