Ravell Call, Deseret News
PROVO — The Utah Valley Chamber of Commerce with the Young Entrepreneurs Academy and Utah County Academy of Sciences has announced it is sponsoring a program for young entrepreneurs in Utah Valley.
The YEA! Educational program takes participating students in grades six through 12 through the process of starting and running a real business. Applications for the program are available online. The deadline is Aug. 1
During the program, students work closely with local business leaders to cultivate and research business ideas, write a business plan, pitch their plan to a panel of investors to obtain funding, develop their brand, participate in a trade show at the end of the year, and actually launch their enterprise.
Prior business experience is not required. The after-school program will be held at the Utah County Academy of Sciences on the Utah Valley University campus on Thursdays from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. The YEA! academic year begins in October and ends in May. In addition, students will need to provide a current school transcript; provide a letter of recommendation written by a teacher, guidance counselor, religious or community leader; provide a written essay; pay a $10 application fee; and participate in a personal interview.
The program will be implemented through local schools including higher education institutions.
More information is available on the Utah Valley Chamber YEA Facebook page.
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- 25 of the craziest — and cutest —...
- Photo gallery: Journey headlines 35th Stadium...
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Funeral services for President Boyd K. Packer...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- About Utah: They go back to give back
- Healing underway in Greek Orthodox community
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without... 48
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 43
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 40
- Idaho's gay marriage ban remains in... 36
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 27
- Utah senators seeking support for... 16
- My view: Utah lawmakers can protect... 13
- Pig-shaped hot air balloon crashes in... 12