Ravell Call, Deseret News
PROVO — The Utah Valley Chamber of Commerce with the Young Entrepreneurs Academy and Utah County Academy of Sciences has announced it is sponsoring a program for young entrepreneurs in Utah Valley.
The YEA! Educational program takes participating students in grades six through 12 through the process of starting and running a real business. Applications for the program are available online. The deadline is Aug. 1
During the program, students work closely with local business leaders to cultivate and research business ideas, write a business plan, pitch their plan to a panel of investors to obtain funding, develop their brand, participate in a trade show at the end of the year, and actually launch their enterprise.
Prior business experience is not required. The after-school program will be held at the Utah County Academy of Sciences on the Utah Valley University campus on Thursdays from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. The YEA! academic year begins in October and ends in May. In addition, students will need to provide a current school transcript; provide a letter of recommendation written by a teacher, guidance counselor, religious or community leader; provide a written essay; pay a $10 application fee; and participate in a personal interview.
The program will be implemented through local schools including higher education institutions.
More information is available on the Utah Valley Chamber YEA Facebook page.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Police release names of officers involved in...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to rally...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 156
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 60
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 45
- Police release names of officers... 31
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 29
- Love says commenting on Saratoga... 20
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Saratoga Springs police chief calls... 18