Troopers have permission to exceed the speed limit, he said. Each call is evaluated, and the response needs to match the incident.
“We don’t drive in a manner that puts the public in greater danger than the situation that we’re responding to,” Fuhr said. “We also have a great responsibility, and that responsibility is to every single motorist on the interstate."
Schlau said her message is getting through.
“When I have officers come up to me afterwards and say, ‘You saved my life,’ that’s huge for me,” she said. “Then I know that we’re doing it right. We’re doing something here.”
Contributing: Viviane Vo-Duc
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held on $6...
- Southern Utah left wanting for water
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove garage;...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 85
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 74
- Utah attorney general encourages... 57
- Police nab man suspected of gropings at... 31
- Will Josh Powell's family argue he... 28
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 27
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24