Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Department of Transportation has developed a smartphone application called UDOT Traffic, which aims to give travelers important road information at their fingertips.
The traffic app has several different features, including a detailed map, alerts, weather and mountain pass information. All data come from the UDOT Traffic Operations Center, which provides 24/7 monitoring for roads around the state.
The map contains cameras, incidents/planned events, construction, overhead freeway signs, or variable message signs, and traffic congestion. With the smartphone, users can zoom to common locations, search a certain address or use the current location.
More information can be found at www.udot.utah.gov.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Police release names of officers involved in...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to rally...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 156
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 60
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 45
- Police release names of officers... 31
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 29
- Love says commenting on Saratoga... 20
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Saratoga Springs police chief calls... 18