Don't pretend to know everything
Instead, take a lesson from "After Earth" stars Will and Jaden Smith.
Will Smith talked parenting during an interview with Good Morning America last month, which was reported by the Daily Mail.
"'Every time I look at the picture, I was looking like, 'What am I going to do with this thing?' You know. And it's like, parenting is hit or miss," Smith said after host Robin Roberts showed a picture of the actor with a confused look cradling his son when he was first born.
Smith said the experience of being a father was an experimental one.
"So for me, it's a deep uncertainty that I carry around, with my kids. I just try to teach them everything that I know and love them as hard as I can love them. And hope for the best," he said.
During the interview, the father-son duo entertained the crowd with their banter, antics and obvious love for one another.
Another celebrity father recently admitted his qualms about being a good dad for his little girl.
In a new ad promoted by Samsung, Jay-Z admits that his background didn't leave him as equipped as he would like upon entering the realm of fatherhood.
"It deals with (the fact that) my pop left when I was young. He didn't teach me how to be a man nor how to raise a child — or treat a woman," the Huffington Post reported. "The two things I need, I don't have ... and I have a daughter. It's (about) the paranoia of not being a great dad."
But despite his concerns, the rapper, who is married to industry sensation Beyonce, said as parents, they marvel at their daughter Blue Ivy every day, the article said.
Emmilie Buchanan is an intern for the Deseret News with Mormon Times. She recently graduated from Brigham Young University-Idaho. Contact her by email: email@example.com or on Twitter: @emmiliebuchanan
- 3 Utah mothers to compete in U.S. Olympic...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: The romance of restraint
- Stress, chocolate and loneliness: How...
- Valentine's Day is the day to see loved ones...
- Free marriage check-up clinic offered at...
- Sherry Young: Can we go from snow sliding...
- Erin Stewart: To my husband on Valentine's Day
- The Clean Cut: Kelly Clarkson announces...
- If Splenda gives Swiss rats cancer,... 6
- Valentine's Day is the day to see loved... 2
- Doris Kearns Goodwin: 'Tell and retell... 1
- Erin Stewart: To my husband on... 1
- Sherry Young: Can we go from snow... 1
- The heart of the matter: What your... 0
- Motherhood Matters: How to manage... 0
- The Clean Cut: New trailer for... 0