Man accidentally shoots girlfriend while aiming gun at ex-girlfriend
A Texas man has been arrested after accidentally shooting his girlfriend in the chest after aiming the gun at his ex-girlfriend.
KSAT 12 reports that about two a.m. Monday morning, the ex-girlfriend of the man showed up unexpectedly at his home where he was with his current flame. A verbal spat ensued, and the man grabbed a gun.
When the girlfriend tried to stop her boyfriend from using the gun on his ex-girlfriend, it went off. A bullet struck the girlfriend in the chest, and she was transported to San Antonio Military Medical Center in critical condition, but she has since been upgraded to "stable."
Even though the shooting is believed to have been unintentional, police are expected to charge the man with aggrevated assault with a deadly weapon, according to KENS 5 in San Antonio.
The names of those involved have not yet been released.
Michael Smith is a writer in the news section of DeseretNews.com. A 2013 graduate of the University of Utah, he will be attending Northwestern's Medill School of Journalism in the fall.
- Mitt Romney courts middle class, jabs Hillary...
- Top Catholics and evangelicals: Gay marriage...
- Prosecutors promise thorough probe of police...
- After setting iPhone record, what does Apple...
- McDonald's CEO steps down as sales decline
- California bars judges from Boy Scouts...
- Friend disputes Denver police account of...
- Blizzard-stricken East digs out amid forecast...
- Victim of sexual abuse sues Boy Scouts... 19
- Mitt Romney courts middle class, jabs... 15
- Top Catholics and evangelicals: Gay... 13
- 'Potentially historic' blizzard... 12
- Some Republican presidential hopefuls... 12
- Denver police shoot, kill teen who... 12
- House GOP moves toward possible lawsuit... 11
- Prosecutors promise thorough probe of... 11