Man accidentally shoots girlfriend while aiming gun at ex-girlfriend
A Texas man has been arrested after accidentally shooting his girlfriend in the chest after aiming the gun at his ex-girlfriend.
KSAT 12 reports that about two a.m. Monday morning, the ex-girlfriend of the man showed up unexpectedly at his home where he was with his current flame. A verbal spat ensued, and the man grabbed a gun.
When the girlfriend tried to stop her boyfriend from using the gun on his ex-girlfriend, it went off. A bullet struck the girlfriend in the chest, and she was transported to San Antonio Military Medical Center in critical condition, but she has since been upgraded to "stable."
Even though the shooting is believed to have been unintentional, police are expected to charge the man with aggrevated assault with a deadly weapon, according to KENS 5 in San Antonio.
The names of those involved have not yet been released.
Michael Smith is a writer in the news section of DeseretNews.com. A 2013 graduate of the University of Utah, he will be attending Northwestern's Medill School of Journalism in the fall.
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host a...
- Romney casts Arkansas race as way to fight Obama
- Ice bucket challenge goes awry, firefighters...
- US diplomats barred from ice bucket challenge
- Bridezilla, meet 'Bridechilla'
- Federal judge: Florida gay-marriage ban...
- How Twitter forced the news media to pay...
- 5 ways the Ice Bucket Challenge could change...
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host... 110
- Obama vows justice for killers of U.S.... 29
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with... 26
- Police, protesters collide again in... 25
- Texas Gov. Perry assembles high-powered... 23
- Allow student loan bankruptcies,... 17
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in... 15
- Another American hostage at risk by... 12