Man accidentally shoots girlfriend while aiming gun at ex-girlfriend
A Texas man has been arrested after accidentally shooting his girlfriend in the chest after aiming the gun at his ex-girlfriend.
KSAT 12 reports that about two a.m. Monday morning, the ex-girlfriend of the man showed up unexpectedly at his home where he was with his current flame. A verbal spat ensued, and the man grabbed a gun.
When the girlfriend tried to stop her boyfriend from using the gun on his ex-girlfriend, it went off. A bullet struck the girlfriend in the chest, and she was transported to San Antonio Military Medical Center in critical condition, but she has since been upgraded to "stable."
Even though the shooting is believed to have been unintentional, police are expected to charge the man with aggrevated assault with a deadly weapon, according to KENS 5 in San Antonio.
The names of those involved have not yet been released.
Michael Smith is a writer in the news section of DeseretNews.com. A 2013 graduate of the University of Utah, he will be attending Northwestern's Medill School of Journalism in the fall.
- In wake of email hack, Democratic chair...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- Watch live at the Democratic National Convention
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows himself...
- Verizon buys Yahoo for $4.83B, marking end of...
- Gunfire at teen nightclub party leaves 2...
- Trump taunts claims that Russia hacked DNC...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 56
- Sarah Silverman: Bernie-or-bust Dems... 49
- Hillary Clinton promises steady hand in... 44
- Is Bernie Sanders an atheist? 44
- Trump says Russia should find Clinton's... 43
- Obama boosts Clinton: Carry her like... 41
- Clinton wins historic nomination,... 37
- After turmoil, Sanders, Michelle Obama,... 31