Man accidentally shoots girlfriend while aiming gun at ex-girlfriend
A Texas man has been arrested after accidentally shooting his girlfriend in the chest after aiming the gun at his ex-girlfriend.
KSAT 12 reports that about two a.m. Monday morning, the ex-girlfriend of the man showed up unexpectedly at his home where he was with his current flame. A verbal spat ensued, and the man grabbed a gun.
When the girlfriend tried to stop her boyfriend from using the gun on his ex-girlfriend, it went off. A bullet struck the girlfriend in the chest, and she was transported to San Antonio Military Medical Center in critical condition, but she has since been upgraded to "stable."
Even though the shooting is believed to have been unintentional, police are expected to charge the man with aggrevated assault with a deadly weapon, according to KENS 5 in San Antonio.
The names of those involved have not yet been released.
Michael Smith is a writer in the news section of DeseretNews.com. A 2013 graduate of the University of Utah, he will be attending Northwestern's Medill School of Journalism in the fall.
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Africa and...
- Friends, family of Dallas Ebola patient reach...
- Ana turns into hurricane off the coast of Hawaii
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign of split
- Some 60 head of cattle shot in Nevada spree;...
- Can public officials refuse to perform...
- CDC to revise Ebola protocol, Pentagon preps...
- Police hunt for clues near where Va. remains...
- Can public officials refuse to perform... 67
- Houston subpoenas sermons in battle... 32
- Budget deficit drops to $483B, lowest... 26
- Official: 2nd worker isolated within 90... 21
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 21
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 16
- Are teachers getting behind Common... 15
- Gay marriage becomes legal in Arizona,... 14