Man accidentally shoots girlfriend while aiming gun at ex-girlfriend
A Texas man has been arrested after accidentally shooting his girlfriend in the chest after aiming the gun at his ex-girlfriend.
KSAT 12 reports that about two a.m. Monday morning, the ex-girlfriend of the man showed up unexpectedly at his home where he was with his current flame. A verbal spat ensued, and the man grabbed a gun.
When the girlfriend tried to stop her boyfriend from using the gun on his ex-girlfriend, it went off. A bullet struck the girlfriend in the chest, and she was transported to San Antonio Military Medical Center in critical condition, but she has since been upgraded to "stable."
Even though the shooting is believed to have been unintentional, police are expected to charge the man with aggrevated assault with a deadly weapon, according to KENS 5 in San Antonio.
The names of those involved have not yet been released.
Michael Smith is a writer in the news section of DeseretNews.com. A 2013 graduate of the University of Utah, he will be attending Northwestern's Medill School of Journalism in the fall.
- 10 Things to See: A week of top AP photos
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest spenders,...
- 35 arrested in Oakland after protest march
- Evangelicals with gay children challenging...
- Rubber chickens, afros and clowns: A look at...
- Ferguson grand jury papers full of...
- Families uncover Civil War drama, 150 years...
- Australian cricketer Phil Hughes, 25, dies in...
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 70
- Grand jury won't indict Ferguson cop in... 30
- Obama: Americans want 'new car smell'... 29
- Ferguson businesses torched in... 17
- Under pressure, Hagel steps down as... 15
- Obama heads to Chicago to pitch... 13
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest... 12
- Attorney General Eric Holder:... 11