Man accidentally shoots girlfriend while aiming gun at ex-girlfriend
A Texas man has been arrested after accidentally shooting his girlfriend in the chest after aiming the gun at his ex-girlfriend.
KSAT 12 reports that about two a.m. Monday morning, the ex-girlfriend of the man showed up unexpectedly at his home where he was with his current flame. A verbal spat ensued, and the man grabbed a gun.
When the girlfriend tried to stop her boyfriend from using the gun on his ex-girlfriend, it went off. A bullet struck the girlfriend in the chest, and she was transported to San Antonio Military Medical Center in critical condition, but she has since been upgraded to "stable."
Even though the shooting is believed to have been unintentional, police are expected to charge the man with aggrevated assault with a deadly weapon, according to KENS 5 in San Antonio.
The names of those involved have not yet been released.
Michael Smith is a writer in the news section of DeseretNews.com. A 2013 graduate of the University of Utah, he will be attending Northwestern's Medill School of Journalism in the fall.
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Georgia girl struck by plane on Florida beach...
- The Great War: 100 photos marking 100 years...
- Democrats have million-dollar day on impeachment
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all lovers
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit against Obama
- Elegant Louvre Garden in Paris infested with...
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should offer...
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 44
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 20
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 18
- Gaza sides agree to lull but truce... 13
- Democrats have million-dollar day on... 12
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 12