Utah Utes football: Utes land Cache Valley offensive lineman Kyle Christiansen
LOGAN — Kyle Christiansen has wanted to play for the Utah Utes for a long time.
He now has a chance to make that dream a reality. The Mountain Crest High standout committed to sign with the Ute football program early Monday evening.
"I love Utah and always have," Christiansen said. "I love the football program there. I love the coaches. The atmosphere is awesome. I can't wait to get down there and be part of it."
Christiansen is a 6-foot-3, 315-pound offensive lineman who earned first-team all-state honors last season as a junior playing offensive line for the Mustangs. He held offers from Utah State and Hawaii at the time of his commitment. Schools like BYU and Boise State were showing increasing interest.
Christiansen was a standout at the All Poly Camp in late June, earning first-team honors.
Utah assistant coach Kalani Sitake was an active participant at the All Poly Camp and indicated to Christiansen that an offer would be coming his way shortly.
"I've known (coach Sitake) for a long time and they've been recruiting me since I was a sophomore, but he sort of let me know that an offer was coming," Christiansen said. "They offered right after the camp and after thinking about it for a bit I decided to commit."
Christiansen is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and has plans to serve a mission after high school. He hopes to graduate in January and leave at that point.
Upon returning he'll provide a strong and athletic body for the Utes.
"He's big and very, very strong — especially in his legs and hips," said Mountain Crest coach Mark Wootton. "He has very quick feet; really an athletic kid. I think he's going to go there and play and have a great career with Utah. ... He's a pretty humble kid, but he's not afraid to work. (Utah) is getting a good player."
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Texas A&M jumps, BYU and Texas garner more...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- Dick Harmon: A visit to Greenwich, the place...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 72
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in... 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 36
- Texas will be without starting QB,... 33
- Utah Utes take stock of the offense... 31