Teen arrested for allegedly firing Airsoft gun at another person
WEST JORDAN — A 17-year-old boy was arrested and booked into juvenile detention after a Utah Highway Patrol trooper witnessed what he thought was a road-rage and drive-by shooting incident.
About 11:30 p.m. Sunday, a car with four juveniles pulled up next to a second vehicle. The teen in the passenger seat believed a person in the other vehicle owed him money, said West Jordan Police Sgt. Joe Monson.
The teen pulled out an Airsoft gun and fired near 4690 West and 7800 South, striking the individual in the head a couple of times, Monson said.
What the teens didn't see was that a Utah Highway Patrol trooper was behind them and witnessed what had happened. However, the trooper originally thought the gun was real.
As the trooper pulled over the vehicle, the teen threw his Airsoft gun out the window. It was later recovered by detectives.
The teen was arrested and booked into juvenile detention for investigation of aggravated assault, obstruction of justice, possession of drug paraphernalia and discharging a weapon from a moving vehicle. Possible drug-related charges were pending for the other three occupants in the vehicle. Monson said marijuana and paraphernalia were found in the car.
The boy who was shot suffered minor welts on his head.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama administration...
- Vehicle hits, kills man assessing his crashed...
- ACLU skirmishes with local genetic testing...
- 5 memorable ways to pamper your family this...
- Unified firefighters get hands-on training in...
- World War II bomber pilot, 96, receives Honor...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 108
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 19
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 15
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9
- IRS scam goes far beyond a phone call... 8