A video released by Kiplinger last week reminds consumers that major cellphone carriers aren’t doing them any favors, which is why they need to do their homework.
“Pricing on packages that might include data usage, text messages and voice minutes are constantly changing,” the video says. “It can be difficult to compare one to another.”
In fact, cellphone contracts have been going through a revolution of sorts, with companies like AT&T and Verizon Wireless developing no-contract plans that mirror the once radical approach of providers like Republic Wireless.
Rumor has it even Apple seems to be toying with the creation of a less expensive model for the more cost-conscious customer.
To help make things less complicated, Kiplinger recommends three tips to keep in mind while searching for the right contract:
First, pay close attention to your family's data usage. If your family frequently streams videos on their phones, be sure to get a plan with a large enough data package to accommodate.
Second, be aware of the minutes you use. If you or your family members don’t use up many calling minutes, it’s not necessary to opt for a costly package with unlimited calls.
Third, be sure to ask people you trust what they think of their wireless carriers. You can get a better feel for the reliabilty of a carrier by asking someone in who shares similar cellphone needs.
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your time,...
- Driving forces: When buying a new car is...
- The disappearing 401(k) and inequality
- Dwindling pensions still swindling funds from...
- High steaks: Beef prices mooove up
- Here are 5 clues to the health of US job market
- Survey: Cost a growing factor in college...
- 5 unexpected things that can tank a home's...
- .01 percent of Americans making a lot... 27
- The disappearing 401(k) and inequality 12
- Dwindling pensions still swindling... 12
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your... 12
- Driving forces: When buying a new car... 8
- Survey: Cost a growing factor in... 1
- Here are 5 clues to the health of US... 1
- Is Comcast-Time Warner merger creating... 1