Jaywalker hit, killed in West Valley City by allegedly impaired driver
WEST VALLEY CITY — A man was arrested Sunday for investigation of automobile homicide and driving under the influence after police say he hit and killed a West Valley City man who was crossing the road.
Zay Speed, 56, was booked into Salt County Jail on Sunday morning in connection with the incident.
West Valley City Police Sgt. Jeff Conger said Kevin Chase, 42, was jaywalking near 4000 South and Redwood Road when he was hit by a white minivan. Chase was pronounced dead at the scene.
Conger said Speed continued down the road before stopping behind some businesses where police found him. Police said there were indications Speed was driving under the influence of drugs.
— Emilee Eagar
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Zion National Park to hold public meetings on...
- National Guard trains in Denver to respond to...
- Drug deal messages pop up on tablet parents...
- West Jordan announces summer construction...
- Monte Cristo Highway opens Monday
- Riverton educator named Jordan...
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- 'Dirty soda' lawsuit calls shop's... 22
- Former Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt advising... 20
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- National conservative group backs... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15