Jaywalker hit, killed in West Valley City by allegedly impaired driver
WEST VALLEY CITY — A man was arrested Sunday for investigation of automobile homicide and driving under the influence after police say he hit and killed a West Valley City man who was crossing the road.
Zay Speed, 56, was booked into Salt County Jail on Sunday morning in connection with the incident.
West Valley City Police Sgt. Jeff Conger said Kevin Chase, 42, was jaywalking near 4000 South and Redwood Road when he was hit by a white minivan. Chase was pronounced dead at the scene.
Conger said Speed continued down the road before stopping behind some businesses where police found him. Police said there were indications Speed was driving under the influence of drugs.
— Emilee Eagar
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 41
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 24
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 24
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 20