Jaywalker hit, killed in West Valley City by allegedly impaired driver
WEST VALLEY CITY — A man was arrested Sunday for investigation of automobile homicide and driving under the influence after police say he hit and killed a West Valley City man who was crossing the road.
Zay Speed, 56, was booked into Salt County Jail on Sunday morning in connection with the incident.
West Valley City Police Sgt. Jeff Conger said Kevin Chase, 42, was jaywalking near 4000 South and Redwood Road when he was hit by a white minivan. Chase was pronounced dead at the scene.
Conger said Speed continued down the road before stopping behind some businesses where police found him. Police said there were indications Speed was driving under the influence of drugs.
— Emilee Eagar
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- West Jordan councilwoman accuses mayor of...
- State responds to Planned Parenthood claims
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 69
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- State responds to Planned Parenthood... 28
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20