Jaywalker hit, killed in West Valley City by allegedly impaired driver
WEST VALLEY CITY — A man was arrested Sunday for investigation of automobile homicide and driving under the influence after police say he hit and killed a West Valley City man who was crossing the road.
Zay Speed, 56, was booked into Salt County Jail on Sunday morning in connection with the incident.
West Valley City Police Sgt. Jeff Conger said Kevin Chase, 42, was jaywalking near 4000 South and Redwood Road when he was hit by a white minivan. Chase was pronounced dead at the scene.
Conger said Speed continued down the road before stopping behind some businesses where police found him. Police said there were indications Speed was driving under the influence of drugs.
— Emilee Eagar
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Driver in DUI crash that maimed 11-year-old...
- Got an emergency? You can now text 911 in 3...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 28
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Report: Communication breakdowns... 10
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 9