Jaywalker hit, killed in West Valley City by allegedly impaired driver
WEST VALLEY CITY — A man was arrested Sunday for investigation of automobile homicide and driving under the influence after police say he hit and killed a West Valley City man who was crossing the road.
Zay Speed, 56, was booked into Salt County Jail on Sunday morning in connection with the incident.
West Valley City Police Sgt. Jeff Conger said Kevin Chase, 42, was jaywalking near 4000 South and Redwood Road when he was hit by a white minivan. Chase was pronounced dead at the scene.
Conger said Speed continued down the road before stopping behind some businesses where police found him. Police said there were indications Speed was driving under the influence of drugs.
— Emilee Eagar
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop criminal...
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the middle...
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Fire destroys Taylorsville home, damages another
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the... 64
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 17