Glenn Beck's big Utah weekend a sold-out hit for fans
"Politics today is just super confusing, and the reason I like Glenn Back is he relates everything back to principle," Phil Varner said. "In that sense, what he says appeals to me because it's something that can be universally applied."
Beck kept a busy schedule. He wasn't at the amphitheater preparing Saturday morning. Instead, he was at Liberty Park for the Huntsman Cancer Center's "Walk For Hope" event, a 5K walk to raise awareness for cancer research, where he mingled with fans and cheered on participants, tweeting pictures of the people he met.
"The answer to all of our problems is love," Beck explained. "If you want a smaller government or a less-intrusive government, you have to do it yourself. See the plight of those less fortunate or those struggling as your own, to counter those, and to hold those up who are struggling. I mean, that's what Jesus teaches, and that's the only thing that's going to get us through dark times."
Beck's overarching mission right now isn't necessarily political, he said. It's spiritual. He envisions growing kindness across America, and specifically, faithful members of various religions who respect and admire one another.
"My greatest hope and prayer is that after ("Man in the Moon") and after this week, people that have felt something, that they would have remembered what it felt like to be at home, to be around good, decent people, and maybe something will spark inside of them," he said.
Glenn Beck speaks at "Free the People"
- LDS missionary critically injured in Oklahoma...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Utah County teen made 'swatting' threats...
- Odyssey Elementary opens doors for...
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- Utah argues for more time to file... 41
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 34
- Government regulation has become like... 31
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic... 28
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22