Glenn Beck's big Utah weekend a sold-out hit for fans
"Politics today is just super confusing, and the reason I like Glenn Back is he relates everything back to principle," Phil Varner said. "In that sense, what he says appeals to me because it's something that can be universally applied."
Beck kept a busy schedule. He wasn't at the amphitheater preparing Saturday morning. Instead, he was at Liberty Park for the Huntsman Cancer Center's "Walk For Hope" event, a 5K walk to raise awareness for cancer research, where he mingled with fans and cheered on participants, tweeting pictures of the people he met.
"The answer to all of our problems is love," Beck explained. "If you want a smaller government or a less-intrusive government, you have to do it yourself. See the plight of those less fortunate or those struggling as your own, to counter those, and to hold those up who are struggling. I mean, that's what Jesus teaches, and that's the only thing that's going to get us through dark times."
Beck's overarching mission right now isn't necessarily political, he said. It's spiritual. He envisions growing kindness across America, and specifically, faithful members of various religions who respect and admire one another.
"My greatest hope and prayer is that after ("Man in the Moon") and after this week, people that have felt something, that they would have remembered what it felt like to be at home, to be around good, decent people, and maybe something will spark inside of them," he said.
Glenn Beck speaks at "Free the People"
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 41
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 30
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 29
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 22