AMERICAN FORK — An 11-year-old boy was transported to the hospital with injuries to his legs after being cut by a boat propeller in Utah Lake.
The St. George boy and his family were boating near the American Fork Boat Harbor shortly before 3 p.m. when the accident occurred, Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Spencer Cannon said.
"Nobody in the boat, apparently, realized he was in the water," Cannon said. "They started the motor and he was near the (propeller)."
Cannon said the boy received "fairly significant" cuts to his upper legs, but the injuries did not appear to be life-threatening. A medical helicopter was initially called to the boy's location, but he was ultimately transported by ambulance.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
— Benjamin Wood
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 75
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 29
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25