AMERICAN FORK — An 11-year-old boy was transported to the hospital with injuries to his legs after being cut by a boat propeller in Utah Lake.
The St. George boy and his family were boating near the American Fork Boat Harbor shortly before 3 p.m. when the accident occurred, Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Spencer Cannon said.
"Nobody in the boat, apparently, realized he was in the water," Cannon said. "They started the motor and he was near the (propeller)."
Cannon said the boy received "fairly significant" cuts to his upper legs, but the injuries did not appear to be life-threatening. A medical helicopter was initially called to the boy's location, but he was ultimately transported by ambulance.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
— Benjamin Wood
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support to...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 95
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 92
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 61
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 30
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19