AMERICAN FORK — An 11-year-old boy was transported to the hospital with injuries to his legs after being cut by a boat propeller in Utah Lake.
The St. George boy and his family were boating near the American Fork Boat Harbor shortly before 3 p.m. when the accident occurred, Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Spencer Cannon said.
"Nobody in the boat, apparently, realized he was in the water," Cannon said. "They started the motor and he was near the (propeller)."
Cannon said the boy received "fairly significant" cuts to his upper legs, but the injuries did not appear to be life-threatening. A medical helicopter was initially called to the boy's location, but he was ultimately transported by ambulance.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
— Benjamin Wood
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Utah construction companies fined, ordered to...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 42
- Former Romney finance chairman courting... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16