AMERICAN FORK — An 11-year-old boy was transported to the hospital with injuries to his legs after being cut by a boat propeller in Utah Lake.
The St. George boy and his family were boating near the American Fork Boat Harbor shortly before 3 p.m. when the accident occurred, Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Spencer Cannon said.
"Nobody in the boat, apparently, realized he was in the water," Cannon said. "They started the motor and he was near the (propeller)."
Cannon said the boy received "fairly significant" cuts to his upper legs, but the injuries did not appear to be life-threatening. A medical helicopter was initially called to the boy's location, but he was ultimately transported by ambulance.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
— Benjamin Wood
- Two bodies discovered near Provo's Squaw Peak
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- No aftershocks from Saturday's Tooele quake
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- Family 'shocked' over Taylorsville woman's death
- Film about man's crusade against child sex...
- Utah's new adaptive testing system draws...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 90
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 79
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 28
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 24
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 18
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 13