AMERICAN FORK — An 11-year-old boy was transported to the hospital with injuries to his legs after being cut by a boat propeller in Utah Lake.
The St. George boy and his family were boating near the American Fork Boat Harbor shortly before 3 p.m. when the accident occurred, Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Spencer Cannon said.
"Nobody in the boat, apparently, realized he was in the water," Cannon said. "They started the motor and he was near the (propeller)."
Cannon said the boy received "fairly significant" cuts to his upper legs, but the injuries did not appear to be life-threatening. A medical helicopter was initially called to the boy's location, but he was ultimately transported by ambulance.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
— Benjamin Wood
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 50
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 45
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 17
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7