Woman goes without makeup and covers hair, arms and legs for a 9-month experiment
“There is a difference between being a slob and being comfortable, said elizzybec, a commenter on Salon.com. “I'm wondering how much of her decision to leave trendy fashions, which is always a good idea anyway, was based on philosophy or just plain practicality.”
Others praise Shields’ nine-month experiment as a positive story that promotes natural beauty and simplicity.
“Would that more women learned this lesson, said Serai1, a commenter on Salon.com. “It would save them a ton of money, boost their self-confidence, and start to dismantle the billion-dollar 'beauty' industry, which is more about selling women colored mud and quack nostrums than anything having to do with beauty.”
Currently, Shields is writing a book about her nine-month period called “The Modesty Experiment.”
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- Dad tires of hearing hit 'Frozen' song,...
- How new research on chemicals in household...
- Instead of 'Game of Thrones,' there are...
- Kids are still reading 'Calvin and Hobbes'
- Doug Robinson: Reuniting families — One...
- 14-year-old boy is losing his sight but sees...
- When Satan steals your motherhood 44
- Girls who play with Barbie may not see... 13
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Our love-hate... 12
- The rough road of single motherhood... 11
- Instead of 'Game of Thrones,' there are... 11
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going... 9
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation... 8
- Dad tires of hearing hit 'Frozen' song,... 7