Predictions on William and Kate's royal baby abound: A tall redhead named Alexandra?
Royal baby bibs, booties, mugs, cookies and much more have already hit shops in the U.K. Several companies have also joined the royal baby fascination. Krispy Kreme released a line of royal baby doughnuts with blue or pink filling inside, Fisher-Price has taken the opportunity to highlight its new "royal potty," and the nail care company Essie has launched new polish colors called "Baby Blue" and "Baby Girl," according to The Globe and Mail.
Speculation and economic boosts aside, Kate and William have planned some important changes in their lives for after the baby's arrival. According to USA Today, William will most likely give up his work as a search-and-rescue helicopter pilot for the Royal Air Force in Wales so he can spend more time with his wife and child and begin to take on more royal duties.
As for Kate, motherhood will come naturally, said Marcia Moody, a British royals reporter and author of "Kate: A Biography."
"I think she will approach motherhood like she was born to it," Moody said. "She has always been drawn to children and has an affinity with them. It was remarked by an old neighbor that (her own mom) Carole was a natural mother, and I'm sure Kate will be a similar kind of mother."
Elisabeth Cawthon, a University of Texas historian of the monarchy, says Diana's ability to ignore centuries of tradition is sure to have impacted William regarding his own participation with his family, pointing out that the late princess obviously loved her children and did not leave child rearing up to a nanny.
"Catherine seems to be a natural with children, so I think they will be a couple who would want to spend a lot of time with their kids," Cawthon said.
Cawthorn predicted that William and Kate will stand out as an exceptionally family-oriented couple.
"They both had a rounded upbringing, and they will do the same with their children. The children will not be cossetted or mollycoddled in any way," Cawthon said.
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- 31 things you might not know about the Harry...
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash your hair?
- Motherhood Matters: 4 ways to help your...
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- ValueSpeak: 'Goodbye, Farewell and Amen'
- Think twice about where you get your baby advice
- 'Dedication to education': Outgoing Utah...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an... 113
- Beating the odds: Trip to the White... 4
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash... 2
- UTubers: Jenny Oaks Baker and family... 2
- Imagine Dragons treated like home team... 2
- Mormon thrill ride creator still... 2
- Cruise, Ferguson deliver a winner with... 1
- Renovation Solutions: Finding more... 1