Predictions on William and Kate's royal baby abound: A tall redhead named Alexandra?
Royal baby bibs, booties, mugs, cookies and much more have already hit shops in the U.K. Several companies have also joined the royal baby fascination. Krispy Kreme released a line of royal baby doughnuts with blue or pink filling inside, Fisher-Price has taken the opportunity to highlight its new "royal potty," and the nail care company Essie has launched new polish colors called "Baby Blue" and "Baby Girl," according to The Globe and Mail.
Speculation and economic boosts aside, Kate and William have planned some important changes in their lives for after the baby's arrival. According to USA Today, William will most likely give up his work as a search-and-rescue helicopter pilot for the Royal Air Force in Wales so he can spend more time with his wife and child and begin to take on more royal duties.
As for Kate, motherhood will come naturally, said Marcia Moody, a British royals reporter and author of "Kate: A Biography."
"I think she will approach motherhood like she was born to it," Moody said. "She has always been drawn to children and has an affinity with them. It was remarked by an old neighbor that (her own mom) Carole was a natural mother, and I'm sure Kate will be a similar kind of mother."
Elisabeth Cawthon, a University of Texas historian of the monarchy, says Diana's ability to ignore centuries of tradition is sure to have impacted William regarding his own participation with his family, pointing out that the late princess obviously loved her children and did not leave child rearing up to a nanny.
"Catherine seems to be a natural with children, so I think they will be a couple who would want to spend a lot of time with their kids," Cawthon said.
Cawthorn predicted that William and Kate will stand out as an exceptionally family-oriented couple.
"They both had a rounded upbringing, and they will do the same with their children. The children will not be cossetted or mollycoddled in any way," Cawthon said.
- Harry Potter trivia quiz: Can you get 10...
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes first...
- Motherhood Matters: How to control a teenager
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Managing your loved one's digital estate...
- Many adults delay parenthood for these two...
- Remodeling? Experts say some projects add to...
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Hobby Lobby,...
- Most American high schoolers don't know... 14
- It's safe to vaccinate kids —... 10
- Does getting married really increase... 8
- Remodeling? Experts say some projects... 5
- Bills aim to bring marriage, family law... 4
- Man without arms and legs has a message... 4
- Insights from the Behavioral Science... 3
- Disney moves toward $10 hourly starting... 2