WILLARD — Police have identified the body of a man found dead inside a burning home last week, but the circumstances of his death are still being treated as suspicious, Willard Police Chief Nate Thompson said.
The body of Eric Daniel Lankford, 26, was found inside a home at 103 E. 100 North on June 27. His identity was confirmed through dental records, Thompson said.
Lankford's brother, Jeremy Lankford, was booked into the Box Elder County Jail on the day of the fire for investigation of resisting arrest and interfering with police after reportedly locking himself inside his vehicle in front of the house and refusing to come out.
Thompson said he did not anticipate additional charges being brought against Jeremy Lankford.
— Benjamin Wood, Mike Anderson
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Police: Man shot, injured by officer in Ogden
- Utah bus drivers put safety to the test
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 27
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 26
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12