WILLARD — Police have identified the body of a man found dead inside a burning home last week, but the circumstances of his death are still being treated as suspicious, Willard Police Chief Nate Thompson said.
The body of Eric Daniel Lankford, 26, was found inside a home at 103 E. 100 North on June 27. His identity was confirmed through dental records, Thompson said.
Lankford's brother, Jeremy Lankford, was booked into the Box Elder County Jail on the day of the fire for investigation of resisting arrest and interfering with police after reportedly locking himself inside his vehicle in front of the house and refusing to come out.
Thompson said he did not anticipate additional charges being brought against Jeremy Lankford.
— Benjamin Wood, Mike Anderson
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 43
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23