WILLARD — Police have identified the body of a man found dead inside a burning home last week, but the circumstances of his death are still being treated as suspicious, Willard Police Chief Nate Thompson said.
The body of Eric Daniel Lankford, 26, was found inside a home at 103 E. 100 North on June 27. His identity was confirmed through dental records, Thompson said.
Lankford's brother, Jeremy Lankford, was booked into the Box Elder County Jail on the day of the fire for investigation of resisting arrest and interfering with police after reportedly locking himself inside his vehicle in front of the house and refusing to come out.
Thompson said he did not anticipate additional charges being brought against Jeremy Lankford.
— Benjamin Wood, Mike Anderson
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Blue Moon Festival is Aug. 6 in Holladay
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 26
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 13
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10