WILLARD — Police have identified the body of a man found dead inside a burning home last week, but the circumstances of his death are still being treated as suspicious, Willard Police Chief Nate Thompson said.
The body of Eric Daniel Lankford, 26, was found inside a home at 103 E. 100 North on June 27. His identity was confirmed through dental records, Thompson said.
Lankford's brother, Jeremy Lankford, was booked into the Box Elder County Jail on the day of the fire for investigation of resisting arrest and interfering with police after reportedly locking himself inside his vehicle in front of the house and refusing to come out.
Thompson said he did not anticipate additional charges being brought against Jeremy Lankford.
— Benjamin Wood, Mike Anderson
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- 2 corrections officials resign in wake of...
- 7 more of the most infamous criminals in Utah...
- IRS raids properties with possible polygamist...
- UHP trooper hit during I-15 traffic stop
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 19
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11