WILLARD — Police have identified the body of a man found dead inside a burning home last week, but the circumstances of his death are still being treated as suspicious, Willard Police Chief Nate Thompson said.
The body of Eric Daniel Lankford, 26, was found inside a home at 103 E. 100 North on June 27. His identity was confirmed through dental records, Thompson said.
Lankford's brother, Jeremy Lankford, was booked into the Box Elder County Jail on the day of the fire for investigation of resisting arrest and interfering with police after reportedly locking himself inside his vehicle in front of the house and refusing to come out.
Thompson said he did not anticipate additional charges being brought against Jeremy Lankford.
— Benjamin Wood, Mike Anderson
- UDOT announces road project schedule for 2015
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to dial...
- Eagle Mountain man killed in alleged domestic...
- Can you name your U.S. Representative? See...
- Hope in a crisis: School, community leaders...
- Becky Lockhart remembered on Rare Disease Day...
- Want to land your dream job? 4 must-do things
- Educators call for funding, legislation to...
- Officer in parade controversy speaks... 266
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on... 52
- Illinois professor could help Utah... 43
- House Speaker Greg Hughes kills hopes... 34
- Utah Senate rejects delay to Count My... 19
- Lawmakers consider academic turnaround... 17
- Some GOP House members disagree with... 16
- Hope in a crisis: School, community... 16