OGDEN — Ogden Regional Medical Center was briefly placed on lockdown Thursday night after a man entered the emergency room with a gunshot wound to the chest, Weber County Sheriff's Lt. Mark Lowther said.
The shooting occurred around 10:45 p.m. about a mile from the hospital, Lowther said. The lockdown was initiated by hospital staff as a precaution after the injured man arrived, he said.
"It was initially unclear where this had happened or if it had happened on hospital property, so they erred on the side of caution," Lowther said.
The specifics of the man's condition were not available Friday, but Lowther said the man is stable and expected to survive.
No arrests have been made in connection with the shooting, but Lowther said investigators served two search warrants Thursday night and are following up on leads.
— Benjamin Wood
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Cottonwood Heights mayor, residents unhappy...
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion budget
- Deputy's suicide prompted Tooele school...
- Roof, tower for Provo City Center Temple add...
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 42
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 28
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 21
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 18