OGDEN — Ogden Regional Medical Center was briefly placed on lockdown Thursday night after a man entered the emergency room with a gunshot wound to the chest, Weber County Sheriff's Lt. Mark Lowther said.
The shooting occurred around 10:45 p.m. about a mile from the hospital, Lowther said. The lockdown was initiated by hospital staff as a precaution after the injured man arrived, he said.
"It was initially unclear where this had happened or if it had happened on hospital property, so they erred on the side of caution," Lowther said.
The specifics of the man's condition were not available Friday, but Lowther said the man is stable and expected to survive.
No arrests have been made in connection with the shooting, but Lowther said investigators served two search warrants Thursday night and are following up on leads.
— Benjamin Wood
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- Salt Lake man killed, 3 others injured in...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 73
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17