OGDEN — Ogden Regional Medical Center was briefly placed on lockdown Thursday night after a man entered the emergency room with a gunshot wound to the chest, Weber County Sheriff's Lt. Mark Lowther said.
The shooting occurred around 10:45 p.m. about a mile from the hospital, Lowther said. The lockdown was initiated by hospital staff as a precaution after the injured man arrived, he said.
"It was initially unclear where this had happened or if it had happened on hospital property, so they erred on the side of caution," Lowther said.
The specifics of the man's condition were not available Friday, but Lowther said the man is stable and expected to survive.
No arrests have been made in connection with the shooting, but Lowther said investigators served two search warrants Thursday night and are following up on leads.
— Benjamin Wood
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- Utah woman's secret: Ted Bundy tried to kill...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- Women called heroes for reviving high school...
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- BYU will buy Provo High School for $25M,...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support medical...
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 49
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 48
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 47
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- Waiting on 'young invincibles' 40
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 23