OGDEN — Ogden Regional Medical Center was briefly placed on lockdown Thursday night after a man entered the emergency room with a gunshot wound to the chest, Weber County Sheriff's Lt. Mark Lowther said.
The shooting occurred around 10:45 p.m. about a mile from the hospital, Lowther said. The lockdown was initiated by hospital staff as a precaution after the injured man arrived, he said.
"It was initially unclear where this had happened or if it had happened on hospital property, so they erred on the side of caution," Lowther said.
The specifics of the man's condition were not available Friday, but Lowther said the man is stable and expected to survive.
No arrests have been made in connection with the shooting, but Lowther said investigators served two search warrants Thursday night and are following up on leads.
— Benjamin Wood
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- Rock climber falls to his death at Zion...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12