OGDEN — Ogden Regional Medical Center was briefly placed on lockdown Thursday night after a man entered the emergency room with a gunshot wound to the chest, Weber County Sheriff's Lt. Mark Lowther said.
The shooting occurred around 10:45 p.m. about a mile from the hospital, Lowther said. The lockdown was initiated by hospital staff as a precaution after the injured man arrived, he said.
"It was initially unclear where this had happened or if it had happened on hospital property, so they erred on the side of caution," Lowther said.
The specifics of the man's condition were not available Friday, but Lowther said the man is stable and expected to survive.
No arrests have been made in connection with the shooting, but Lowther said investigators served two search warrants Thursday night and are following up on leads.
— Benjamin Wood
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- West Jordan councilwoman accuses mayor of...
- State responds to Planned Parenthood claims
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 69
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- State responds to Planned Parenthood... 28
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20