MURRAY — A Utah cardiologist with a diverse volunteer and medical background recently was honored by the American Heart Association.
Jeffrey L. Anderson, Intermountain Heart Institute's associate chief of cardiology, was the 2013 recipient of the Physician Volunteer of the Year Award.
“If I had limited my experience to my personal clinical practice alone, I would have missed out on a world of opportunity,” Anderson said. “Volunteering has given me the chance to interact with a much broader range of health care professionals and patients that never would have been possible. Volunteering has unquestionably made me a better physician.”
The American Heart Association selects one physician each year who has helped promote community and individual health.
“Dr. Anderson exemplifies the best in healthcare,” said Dr. Donald Lappe, chief of cardiology of the Intermountain Heart Institute. “He is a great clinician who provides great care and concern for all his patients and has been the source for extensive evidence-based guidelines that have contributed significantly to the excellence of cardiovascular care.”
Anderson's volunteer experience includes 35 years at the American Heart Association and as a member of the Scientific Advisory Coordinating Committee, which focuses on treating and preventing heart disease and stroke.
He is a graduate of Harvard Medical School, did his internal medicine residency at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston and finished a fellowship at Stanford University in cardiovascular disease.
— Whitney Evans
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 15