“For how long? Like a day?”
“Mmmm. A couple of hours.”
Great news for Golden Corral: He said he never dines at all-you-can-eat restaurants.
"How long can you do this before your metabolism changes?" I asked the 35-year-old.
"I think I can do this 10 more years," he said.
I wondered how many chicken wings he’ll be eating during the 2023 Super Bowl.
Despite being the world’s best-known competitive eater, it’s not like he was (pun alert!) full of himself. He smiled and politely answered every question. I did notice he had a little food in his teeth, even before the demonstration, but how could he not?
At that point the questions were waning and the Bees wanted us away from their dugout. I was trying to decide whether all that food talk was making me hungry or sick.
After a brief handshake, my interview with the great Kobayashi was over.
As we parted, he quickly bowed in traditional Japanese show of respect.
This man once ate 43 slices of pie in 12 minutes.
The honor was all mine.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @therockmonster; Blog: Rockmonster Unplugged
- BYU football: Cougars to play Washington in...
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes coming...
- Utah State football: Aggies will take on No....
- Former Cougar Dennis Pitta scores first...
- Toddler basketball star, 'Trick-Shot-Titus,'...
- Utah State football: Aggie defense plays...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz continue slide with overtime...
- BYU basketball report card: Cougars give...
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 61
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 51
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 39
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 37
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27
- BYU basketball: Breaking down UMass,... 27