“For how long? Like a day?”
“Mmmm. A couple of hours.”
Great news for Golden Corral: He said he never dines at all-you-can-eat restaurants.
"How long can you do this before your metabolism changes?" I asked the 35-year-old.
"I think I can do this 10 more years," he said.
I wondered how many chicken wings he’ll be eating during the 2023 Super Bowl.
Despite being the world’s best-known competitive eater, it’s not like he was (pun alert!) full of himself. He smiled and politely answered every question. I did notice he had a little food in his teeth, even before the demonstration, but how could he not?
At that point the questions were waning and the Bees wanted us away from their dugout. I was trying to decide whether all that food talk was making me hungry or sick.
After a brief handshake, my interview with the great Kobayashi was over.
As we parted, he quickly bowed in traditional Japanese show of respect.
This man once ate 43 slices of pie in 12 minutes.
The honor was all mine.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @therockmonster; Blog: Rockmonster Unplugged
- BYU basketball: Cougars outlast San Francisco...
- San Francisco coach apologizes for postgame...
- WCC Championship game tale of the tape, BYU...
- BYU basketball: Gonzaga builds early lead,...
- Ranking the best NBA players to ever come out...
- BYU football: Bronson Kaufusi excited about...
- Dick Harmon: BYU exits Las Vegas in a...
- BYU football: Cougar corner Trent Trammell...
- BYU basketball: Cougars outlast San... 85
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 74
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 57
- BYU basketball: Gonzaga builds early... 49
- San Francisco coach apologizes for... 48
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of... 34
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes eager to... 32
- Utah basketball: Regular-season finale... 24