Utah Jazz: Another quiet day on the free agency front for Jazz
SALT LAKE CITY — Wednesday was another quiet day on the free agency front as far as Utah Jazz news was concerned.
The biggest news — outside of Gordon Hayward's college coach being hired by the Celtics — involved a few possible targets of the Jazz heading elsewhere.
Shooting guards O.J. Mayo (Bucks) and ex-Jazz sharpshooter Kyle Korver (Hawks) have reportedly agreed to sign elsewhere for four-year deals. Korver, previously believed to be headed to Brooklyn, will remain in Atlanta on a $24-million deal, according to ESPN.
Mayo, whose name had been bandied about in Jazz rumors, is headed to Milwaukee, Yahoo reported.
Also of note, center Al Jefferson, the Jazz's leading scorer the past three seasons, remains interested in signing with Charlotte after visiting the Bobcats the past couple of days but wants to keep options open in case Dallas doesn't land prized free agent Dwight Howard, ESPN's Chris Broussard reported.
One tidbit about the Jazz came out Wednesday: Utah will have another conversation with Knicks restricted free agent forward Chris Copeland's representative Thursday.
Copeland doesn't have an offer from the Jazz, but there is interest on both sides even while the 29-year-old continues "weighing options" elsewhere, according to a source. Utah first called the 6-8 forward's camp Sunday night.
Another source added that Copeland is still interested in returning to the Knicks, but confirmed that the Jazz remain on the list of teams he's interested in.
Two other players whose names surfaced in connection with possible Jazz interest — Spurs center Tiago Splitter and Timberwolves forward Chase Budinger — are reportedly staying with their teams.
- Roger Federer pulls out of French Open
- Pacquiao's Senate victory brings him closer...
- Phil Mickelson to forfeit nearly $1 million...
- Perfect 10: Cavs stay unbeaten in postseason,...
- AP source: Lincecum completes $2.5 million...
- RSL's Kyle Beckerman named to USMNT's Copa...
- Exaggerator finally beats Nyquist, wins...
- DeRozan, Raptors end Cavaliers' streak with...
- Morning links: Tanner Mangum an... 49
- Utah basketball adds Czech big man... 36
- Softball: Utah advances to regional... 29
- Utah defensive lineman reportedly... 19
- Utah softball beats Kentucky, 5-3, to... 16
- Morning links: Bronco Mendenhall and... 15
- Utah State forward Jalen Moore removes... 7
- Doug Robinson: Principals give era of... 6